slow cranking?

Ole BlackBetty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck starting cranking to slow to fire off properly the other day. I had batteries tested at two different places and both said to replace batteries. After buying two new batteries, and a new starter solenoid, it is still slow cranking, I have checked all connections and changed a couple of the terminal ends.
Is there anything else that I might be missing, causing the slow cranking? It worked fine up until a few days ago.

Ole BlackBetty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok starter just quit cranking just clicks like a dead battery. before I go spend 151.00 for a new starter, are there any ways I can test it ?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I used a wobble extension. Just the right length where I can ratchet at the end of the starter.
I've used a wrench before.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I used a deep well socket, and a 3 - 4 inch extension and a 3/8 drive air ratchet. The setup was just long enough to clear the starter.

I have also heard of people using several feet of extension and come in from the front of the truck, and go above the cross member and then to the starter.

Ole BlackBetty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought the new starter at o Reillys parts store. Thr new starter does not have the nose cone, like the old one has, but it came with a bulliton explaining tje change. All for the small sum of $153.00.

ToughOldFord

The Cold Glow-Plug
Reaction score
Just bought the new starter at o Reillys parts store. Thr new starter does not have the nose cone, like the old one has, but it came with a bulliton explaining tje change. All for the small sum of $153.00.

Good, you got the good one. It's a planetary gear reduction, major improvement over the old offset gear reduction starters. You will be impressed at how fast it turns over, I was.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you post a pic of it? So this one will crank faster the the mitsubishi units?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online