Shopping @ Ecology Wrecking Yard

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
So I was looking for ALL the fuse able links behind the passenger side battery just because you can never have too many spare parts. I did try purchasing new links from several auto parts but.. Nothing was going to fit the way I wanted it. So I parked the Accord way off alone. Changed clothes and walked to the back of the yard. Its about a 1/2 mile walk. Sure was getting hot too. Did not find any diesel trucks so I removed the links from 2 different 91 trucks that were f 250 & 350. Then when attempting to pay one guy is having a ruff time with the small parts he was going to buy. So he steps away. There was another Hispanic talking on his cell well away from the cashier. I step up to purchase my stuff when this phone guy steps in front of my muttering something is mexican.. Yeah.. I know.. So now I'm waiting in the heat again. He talks once again on his cell and finally is done. So he tries to walk down the steps he just cut me off to get up to the cashier... Not a chance in hell bud. So now its my turn... Nope.. The other guy steps back up to finally buy his ****.. Still roasting 2 different ways when a yard worker just walks past me and tells the cashier something. /then stands there waiting as another worker comes up. So finally its my turn.. Because I"M TAKING IT BUD.... Nope.. This first yard worker is called up to get a cell phone... Am I pissed off yet.. Well I just put my ass in gear and walk up and MAKE my place in the no line .... So I'm leaving and get to my car and in the wide main driveway is a white chevy windowless van backing out of a spot into the main drive. Then he continues backing up just in front of me kind of pacing me. I see an older Mercedes parked 2 stops away from me and a lady is sitting in it. Well this guy decides to finally drive forwards and right between me and this lady when now has gotten out of her car and is wiping it off. I'm not going to say the driver of the white van was a ********* or the "lady" was looking to trick some guy... ME.. But how and when did things go so wrong today or has this kind of thing been going on all along. I just did not see it. So glad to be home safe and able to talk about it. Just another place I wont go to again.. Soon I wont be able to leave my home.. Oh.. I'm getting so old....

tenlug

Reaction score
I'm kinda local. Next time you go let me know, I go with you. I've got you back.

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
I got yelled at, then kicked out of a junk yard in Hubbard, OR for leaving the door open on a f250. Thing is, to this day I can't remember opening that door! I acted humble and apologized, but then got the point of the finger towards the gate. That was 12 years ago, and I still think about it from time to time. It was at Atlas Truck Parts.

Koch13351

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Icanfixall, if you are willing to make the drive to the Ontario LKQ Pick-A-Part, you will find there are normally at least 10 IDI trucks in there. I don't bother going anywhere else anymore because it's almost guaranteed you'll find what you need there. Just a heads up for future needs.

mcghan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
manners and common sense are getting to be things of the past,im old school i still look both ways before crossing the road,i dont expect or take for granted that people will stop or even see me,was involved in 3 car accident yesterday,not my fault,let the battle begin with paper work ********,insurance company saying trailer isnt covered, we the people are getting screwed from every angle,sorry rant over

Koch13351

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen a couple at the Ontario yard as well. One OBS and one bubble nose. They were quickly stripped of their engines (I never saw the engines, otherwise they'd be mine). I've also seen cummins trucks, but the yard guys keep them out of the publics access so they can take the engines first $$$

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
The lkq down here had a few. Engines were there but the important things were already pulled. Even saw a few 6.2/6.5's. Very surprising. Just gotta check around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

The Bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple of things:

I learned that years ago, old diesel trucks, no matter what axle wt. were wholesaled to Mexico as long as they ran. It did not matter the condition or in some cases safety issues. As long as you can drive it, it was shipped south. Still done today from what I understand.

This drastically impacted the core supply for rebuilds and used parts. Thank God above that a lot of IDI's and Ford Trucks were built.

I found this out after talking to some one in the salvage/used truck business.

Second, narcissism and entitlement are getting out of hand. They have always been there, but it seems to be getting a little out of control as of late.

If I react to some dumbaxx who thinks they are entitled to my stuff or they want to tell me that I am not living the way they think I should, I'm called a hater and threatened and/or charged with crime.

Even worse is when they call someone and badger them until they come to me and tell me to quit so this person leaves them alone. Or the ****** politician who panders to the birds of a feather clan and somehow passes a law/ordinance that wipes me out because they don't feel that I know what's best for me and my family.

Icanfixall, that's why you have to deal with that kind of crap. No fear of you and what you will do because if you respond to such, you will be prosecuted because you don't understand them and what they have been through.

I am done now. Thanks

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Icanfixall, if you are willing to make the drive to the Ontario LKQ Pick-A-Part, you will find there are normally at least 10 IDI trucks in there. I don't bother going anywhere else anymore because it's almost guaranteed you'll find what you need there. Just a heads up for future needs.

This is my yard of favor. Its about a 30 mile drive from my home to the Millikan off ramp but well worth it. I have seen as many as 10 or 12 idi trucks in the yard at one time too. Other times maybe 2. When I was just there purchasing my complete diesel dash cluster for 35 bucks they only had that one rig. The Ecology yard was a convenience trick for me. Its a really dirty yard and they tend to cost more for parts too. As the wifey tells me... Its my Karma paying me back and it wont ever change till I change. Wow talk about support... Geezer wowzer is she full of crap....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online