She's parked for good

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Well, January 7th, 2009 I brought home my 4x4.

Today, June 22, 2012 is the day I parked her for the last time.

She needs back brakes, front caliper shims (or new calipers), all new front wheel bearings, tie rods, a box, LOTS of patching to the cab and the ZF is grinding in third when I upshift or downshift.

I could just cry. It's pretty sad to see her sitting there all ready to go, but can't be driven. Kinda like a puppy tied to a pole while it's owner plays with another dog.

I am driving the Buick now, and although it has a couple issues, they are cheap and easy to fix.

I WANT to get my crew cab project started, but I have nowhere to work on it as of right now. It looks like that might be sold off for a fraction of what I paid for it.

All my money is going into the wedding right now, and I basically am getting not a SINGLE hour at work...I worked 5 hours since this time last week.

I had a lot of good times with the old Ford, it hauled some DIRTY loads, yanked vehicles out of ditches, snow banks, plowed snow two full winters, and drove me countless miles.

Well, with 532 000 kilometers on her clock, she can rest now. :cry:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear man...those salty spots are tough on truck n cars alike..

I don't know if you have to pass a yearly inspection there but when in PEI I did it sucked!

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't sound that bad. Mines not in the best of shape and cruises down the road reliably still.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So sorry to hear :( but I can understand where you're coming from...I take it holding on to the trucks until you're in a better financial position isn't a viable option?

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had mine for almost 7 years. I keep buying other trucks to drive but end up fixing her and keeping hee on the road. The irony is with all the problems she has she is still more dependable then all my buddies new cars. She tend to be the loaner vehicle lol.

bab029

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The irony is with all the problems she has she is still more dependable then all my buddies new cars. She tend to be the loaner vehicle lol.

That's what I like about mine. Want to go somewhere? It'll take you and whatever you want to bring as far as you got diesel (and engine oil LOL) to get.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only thing I see wrong is putting a bunch of money into a wedding. But im jaded. Invite lots of people, tell them you are saving for a house and forget the gifts.

And someday I hope you find a job that matches your energy and skills, cause some employer is really missing the boat on that.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
The only thing I see wrong is putting a bunch of money into a wedding. But im jaded. Invite lots of people, tell them you are saving for a house and forget the gifts.

And someday I hope you find a job that matches your energy and skills, cause some employer is really missing the boat on that.

Good advice on the wedding, you are basically paying for a big production to show off. Be more realistic and put the money to work on something that lasts longer than a day. Keep the truck a 2 vehicle plan is a good one so you are not up **** creek if one needs some work. It's not if but when it will happen. Plan ahead.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X 3 on wasting money on a wedding; it is bad enough to ruin a bunch of peoples weekend for such short-lived foolishness, let alone putting yourself in the poor-house.

It has been my observation that the more expensive the wedding, the shorter the marriage.

Honestly, your true friends and good relatives will appreciate you a lot more if you just slip off to some justice-of-the-peace and not mess up their Saturday plans. :)

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Trust me when I say say that the wedding is not a HUGE event. We are keeping to to direct family members and CLOSE friends. I figgure we can pull it off for about $3500 everything included.

I got the old Buick running and on the road 100%. I am VERY happy with the way it runs, the mileage it gets and the POWER!!! It's FAST when you want it to be!!

I was thinking today, about taking my frame (whish is CHERRY) and dropping a regular cab on it, and shortening the frame so I can put a short box on her. That way it can be a regular cab, short box, D60'd front, 10.25" rear, all leaf spung, with a turbo IDI, my ZF and a set of 33" tires. MY problem is how can I LEGALLY shorten my frame and still have it pass safety inspection?

I appriciate all the support, and hopefully over the course of the remainder of the summer and winter I can have an IDI back on teh road and running again.

What are your thoughts on a stumpy IDI 4x4?