seven point three, just a couple gallons of water in the oil.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
This is a parts truck I picked up not running.

Pulled the drain plug, got five gallons.

Never had anything but six nine, this was purchaced for zf5, sidewinder, and front 60.

Opinions, head gasket? Block worm? Something else?

Cranked it wirh the starter to get it on the trailer, turned over but fuel line not hooked up.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
This is a parts truck I picked up not running.

Pulled the drain plug, got five gallons.

Never had anything but six nine, this was purchaced for zf5, sidewinder, and front 60.

Opinions, head gasket? Block worm? Something else?

Cranked it wirh the starter to get it on the trailer, turned over but fuel line not hooked up.

It may be someting as simple as a missing or bad sealing washer on the intake snail hold down bolt? I'm not sure if that setup will allow water to get in like an N/A air cleaner, but I imagine it's possible. Other than that, you will need to pressurize each cylinder and see where the pressure is leaking off to , to find where it's going if you want to back trace the possibility of leakage

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No way to know for certain without tearing it down and seeing what you find. Machine work would tell the tale......... cracked head(s), cavitation, bad gaskets. Though, I've never seen that much water in the oil with a "simple" headgasket failure.

Heath

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
hook the fuel line up and give it a crank. can't hurt it anymore than it is. i'd be curious to know what happened to the motor.

edit:

noticed your sig. A 505 huh?

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I might could try to fire it up, only thing left on the chassis is the bare cab at the moment though

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
The 505 is parked at the moment, great little car, but terrible electric issues, i'm going to tear it apart, paint, reupholster, look for European bumpers and headlights, body and paint Myself, same with upholstry, and drive it as long as I can. It is a nicer car than the Mercedes W123 in my opinion, but I have a great option package as well.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
The 505 is parked at the moment, great little car, but terrible electric issues, i'm going to tear it apart, paint, reupholster, look for European bumpers and headlights, body and paint Myself, same with upholstry, and drive it as long as I can. It is a nicer car than the Mercedes W123 in my opinion, but I have a great option package as well.

I really don't care for W123's at all.

I personally like my W126's and the W201's when you mod them.

I love my old W126 AMG, full euro, never federalized, ECE engine!

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
When my brown trucks engine puked the last time I drained about 3 gallons of antifreeze out of the crank case. I haven't torn that engine down yet but I had 1 cylinder completely full of antifreeze so I'd imagine thats the culprit in my case whether it be a blown head gasket or cracked head. Pull the glow plugs, they will tell you allot. In my case I couldn't bare to look at my truck for almost a year so when I got around to checking it out it had sat a very long time with that water in there. The glow plug in the water soaked cylinder was washed clean. It was pretty obvious which cylinder was bad just from looking at the glow plugs.
Leak down test it you'll find the problem.

lbzbuick

diesel =)
Reaction score
I just tore down a 7.3 and it sat out side for a few weeks with plastic over it. When i got it i could turn it over by hand. when i went to pull it apart i could only spin it some each way. pulled the oil filter. pure water came out before oil. Pulled the drain plug and about 2 gallon water came out. pulled the pan. Block of ice the shape of the pan was in crankcase. The bus i got engine from did have coolant in it so mine must have just been from sitting outside.