Serpentine Belt Trucks in Rancho Cordova Pick-N-Pull

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone is looking for a serpentine belt setup there were 2 idi trucks in the Rancho Cordova (Sacramento area) pick-n-pull that looked to have all the parts as of last Saturday. One also has what looked like a BW4407 t-case on a E4OD trans - never seen one on an idi before. Big heavy looking thing with manual shift - might be stronger than the 1356?

Stopped by on the way home picking this nifty little toy up... Yes, the rear axle of the truck is completely off the ground... :eek: Not an inspiring thought.
You must be registered for see images attach

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Terrorizing squirrels at the moment... LOL

It's just an around the ranch rig - it's a nice compliment to the backhoe with the ripper & 4 in 1 bucket, and will be less likely to get stuck / will help pull the backhoe out when I get it stuck.... 2wd backhoe with bald tires makes driving on a slope in the mud entertaining to say the least. :rotflmao Got it cheap enough that I'm not into it much and it doesn't need much to be useful - couldn't pass it up. Some folks buy fancy cars, big tvs and expensive alcohol, I buy old machinery... :dunno do I really need a reason? cookoo

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Terrorizing squirrels at the moment... LOL

It's just an around the ranch rig - it's a nice compliment to the backhoe with the ripper & 4 in 1 bucket, and will be less likely to get stuck / will help pull the backhoe out when I get it stuck.... 2wd backhoe with bald tires makes driving on a slope in the mud entertaining to say the least. :rotflmao Got it cheap enough that I'm not into it much and it doesn't need much to be useful - couldn't pass it up. Some folks buy fancy cars, big tvs and expensive alcohol, I buy old machinery... :dunno do I really need a reason? cookoo
you come across any decent lathes, let me know! poor-favor

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IDIot, IIRC one was and one maybe an x-cab? One was around the east end of row 52 or 53 and one the north end of 58 (?) Didn't pay too much attention honestly, I was a bit burned out after loading a 5 ton tractor with a come-a-long.... :rolleyes: (tractor ran but clutches slip so it wouldn't drive on fully - started to see how far I could get figuring to use the truck winch for the rest, but didn't think about unhooking the truck until the rear was 1' off the ground and then it was too late. Whoops!)

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you say drop down legs on rear of trailer and/or ramps with attached foot??

Hmmm glad you made it. Looks to me like the load may have been slightly more than the axles were rated for....Course I dono what that machine would weigh

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What size? I see them on craiglist every so often.

looking for an 8" chuck and a 6-8 foot bed.
i have not looked lately, currently doing some construction at de casa...

really thinking about leasing to buy from my industrial supplier.
but if you see one thats too good to pass up, id be interested.

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yah, I put blocks under the rear end when I unloaded it.... just didn't think of it. :rolleyes:

Load was actually within rated capacities of everything. Not by much, but still ok, and I drive very carefully with that much weight. That trailer is a 1970's Zieman that's rated for 14k IIRC with 7k axles and 3,210lb tires. This load was 20.5k, ~12.5 on the trailer and ~8200 on the truck. This tractor and my backhoe are both right at 10k lb and that's the max I'll go with this rig - it handles it well but there's little room for error running that heavy. Honestly the trailer is heavy enough to probably handle more - it's a serious trailer. On the other hand someone cracked the tongue clean off at some point in the past I suspect due to massive overloading.