Serpentine Belt Pictures....

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I need a picture of the serpentine belt setup for these motors. I had a picture a member posted long ago but now it has been eaten by electrons and is gone... Can someone please post another picture so I can continue my belt change over from V-belts. Thanks...

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id like to do that due to the whole alt belt wobble issue, but it looks expensive/pain in the ass to find the right pulleys

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Razorback.... The pulleys are easy to find. Its the aluminum mounts that can get hard to find. I got all my pulleys and mounts from a member that changed over to a Cummins. Ford does sell the mounts still. Be sure you get the bolts too. They are of a special length and grade. You will need a differant alternater and air conditioning pump but the power steering pump will bolt up. The vacuum pump is kinda a one part mount setup. To remove the mounting bracket you need to remove the pulley so get that a one piece.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
id like to do that due to the whole alt belt wobble issue, but it looks expensive/pain in the ass to find the right pulleys

I am (hope to be) getting mine from a guy who is switching over to a Cummins today. I am pretty excited.

SWS

94johnh

Reaction score
serp belt routing

john

Attachments

• serpbelt.JPG
    serpbelt.JPG
    221.1 KB · Views: 40

GoodB0Y

Reaction score
ford made a swap kit to change from v-belt to serp... don't know if they stil do... but if they do it's probably not cheap.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Mine cost me 100 for the accessories, the belt, and the brackets/bolts from another member here. Then, I spent a few extra dollars on the rockers because his was a 7.3 and a spare IP.

SWS

Fozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a FYI - You might want to upgrade the tensioner to one like NAPA has. It has a metal roller that lasts longer, saving you pitched belts. The stock Ford roller is plastic that wears down (rounds off) and the belt comes off. Also, always carry an extra belt!

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
I will look at mine and see what it is. I hope it is metal so I can just bolt on and go.

SWS

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Plastic...and needs another belt. Good thing I have spares from some of my other engines:) Got the system on today. It is only six bolts for the two brackets, taking off the fan (from the donor water pump), four bolts for the crank and four for the water pump pulley. I will be putting the front back on tomorrow...or the next day.

SWS

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online