serp belt setup?

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone have one of these for sale for an idi? i HATE the vbelt setup and dont trust it. im tired of retightening my alt all the time.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
What parts do you need? I have the aluminum brackets and all the pulleys. What I can't get is the bolts that hold the brackets to the motor (6 of them) and the vacuum pump belt guide. Also the vac pump requires 3 special bolts that are metric. Ford still makes and sells them. Figure about $9.00 for the 3. You are going to need another ac pump with the special low & high pressure hoses plus another alternater. This is an expensive setup to just change over. I have been "collecting" parts for about 2 years. I need an ac pump and the hoses. Then its done and installed. There are several differant tensioners too. I like the one with the shock absorber on it. One more item is the idler pulley. Ford sells it.

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well if i converted, id need everything. i dont have ac so is there a bypass pulley for it?

CESMITH

1986F250 6.9
Reaction score
never had that much problem with vbelts are you sure the pully grove aint wore out. I was ready to give up my serpentine belt till ifound the idler pivot bad ate two belts till i figured that out daaaaa