sent here from powerstroke.org with a question

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sleeves can be a good fix "IF" they are done right, they cannot just be glued in like some places will try to do. the best sleeves are the ones where there is a lip machined into the block so the sleeve cannot slip down. you can search out icanfixall or pm him if you want some more detail on that. but if they are done incorrectly they can slip down in the cylinder over time and wreak your engine at some random time down the road. Dave Sponagle (sp?) on FTE had this happen on multiple crate engines until he built his own.

something to be aware of, you might want to check into how it was done.

I'm with you. Before I bought the truck I would make sure which type of sleeve it was. Like Jred said, talk to icanfixall. If the truck is in awesome shape and it was done right, it might be worth that much or maybe a lil less to me.

Also, Dave built a pretty powerful engine and last I knew it was still running strong. He hasn't been on FTE for a while though.

84TD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uhaul hasn't had injectors or pump for quite awhile, is there another cheap source? I am in the market and want to know for myself so I started a new thread but lets not give the OP the wrong impression, a set of injectors is $250 or more and they need to be replaced more often then PSD so injectors is not a good reason. By the time you replace injectors and a good pump it can be more $ to keep a idi fuel system in good maint.

DragRag

Reaction score
I need some cash in my paypal account, I will sell one set of injectors shipped for $200 anywhere in the 48 states. One set only though, no more then that. I hog my "new" parts usually, but I have other parts I need to buy so to me I can justify it on this one. They are uhaul, pop test them if you like, but I have installed a set without doing it without fail. pm me if you want the set. They like some/most/all uhaul injectors are not all the same brand, but they are all new/rebuilt, not sure which.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need some cash in my paypal account, I will sell one set of injectors shipped for $200 anywhere in the 48 states. One set only though, no more then that. I hog my "new" parts usually, but I have other parts I need to buy so to me I can justify it on this one. They are uhaul, pop test them if you like, but I have installed a set without doing it without fail. pm me if you want the set. They like some/most/all uhaul injectors are not all the same brand, but they are all new/rebuilt, not sure which.

why would anybody want to pay 200 for a set of mismatched new/rebuilt injectors when for another 50 bux get a set of matched brand new injectors?

DragRag

Reaction score
why would anybody want to pay 200 for a set of mismatched new/rebuilt injectors when for another 50 bux get a set of matched brand new injectors?

Well, they are new/rebuilt I don't know which. I have used enough of them to know they work perfectly fine, and they are cheaper then what is available now. Buy them or don't, no sweat of my rear.