Selectable locker for Sterling?

aofarrell2

Turbo Desirous
Reaction score
So in the need to rebuild my axle... I thought about getting a e-locker/selectable locker for it. Does anyone know of a e-locker for a sterling 10.25? Or it I can get one off of a Sterling 10.50? I do mostly on-road towing but I do get off road enough and sometimes 2wd just can't cut it. I looked at the ARB but I cannot have an air-powered locker.

Saw this one on Auburn's site but can't tell if it is their e-locker or not:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/aub-542089

Any ideas?

drinkypoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you really need an e-locker, air locker, whatever? isn't a limited slip good enough? there's not too much call to do serious 4-wheelin' in these massive beasts, unless you really feel a need to see your cab and bed flopping in different directions. The Sterling 10.25 limited slip is pretty darned good.

A48WillyzGuy

Reaction score
That Detroit linked is not a selectable locker. It is an automatic type locker that requires no input and locks when it detects wheel spin.

That said, I've got Detroits front and rear in a Jeep CJ on 40's and it's basically unstoppable in the dirt since installing them. They are bombproof and just plain work.

A locker could be a very valuable asset to have in such a heavy truck when the going gets rough. I've witnessed many trucks with open diffs and limited slips not even come close to the places that real lockers will take a vehicle.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked at the ARB but I cannot have an air-powered locker.
Whatcha got against air???
Their customer service is second only to the quality!

aofarrell2

Turbo Desirous
Reaction score
Why do you want an E-locker?

What you posted is a normal limited slip and not a locker.

Just googleing I found that Detroit makes one.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Drivetra...out&ppcfon=1&gclid=CO-C76va_L0CFRFnOgodSxsAbQ
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Drivetra...out&ppcfon=1&gclid=CO-C76va_L0CFRFnOgodSxsAbQ

It's an automatic locker. I don't like that idea...

Do you really need an e-locker, air locker, whatever? isn't a limited slip good enough? there's not too much call to do serious 4-wheelin' in these massive beasts, unless you really feel a need to see your cab and bed flopping in different directions. The Sterling 10.25 limited slip is pretty darned good.

Main reason I want an e-locker is control. I can tell it when I want it to do stuff, not dependent on something to kick in on it's own.

That Detroit linked is not a selectable locker. It is an automatic type locker that requires no input and locks when it detects wheel spin.

That said, I've got Detroits front and rear in a Jeep CJ on 40's and it's basically unstoppable in the dirt since installing them. They are bombproof and just plain work.

A locker could be a very valuable asset to have in such a heavy truck when the going gets rough. I've witnessed many trucks with open diffs and limited slips not even come close to the places that real lockers will take a vehicle.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

^^ That is words of wisdom. I've jacknifed a trailer before with this truck because I couldn't get enough traction. It's not 4x4 so a locker would be invaluable. I know with my tractors the locking diff has been a lifesaver.

I looked at the ARB but I cannot have an air-powered locker.
Whatcha got against air???
Their customer service is second only to the quality!

Nothin' against air or ARB. If i had a good enough on board air I would go with it. But they also are $$$$ and I probably cannot afford a $750 locker.

but any parts for these sterlings are VERY expensive...

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea i agree that 12-1500 for an air locker setup w/compressor is pricey!
I swear my rockcrawler would be a covered wagon without em!
Lunchbox locker?