SEEEEEXX-AAAAAAY!

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Weird how the small things trip my trigger.. injectors in!

Mosquito's invaded, quit here for tonight!

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Looks good. You know what would look even sexier there over the rear of the motor? A hair dryer. :peelout:

Ataylor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to see the injectors capped. Are you going to replace return lines and caps at the same time? Put some foil over the intake screen. I know the screen is there for the big stuff, but that cracked up AC line running across the firewall loves to break off and dump little pieces into the intake when you brush up against it.

Archie

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Ah, but that's just straight up ****....Gotta keep it in your pants while you're driving...wouldn't want to have an accident. :D

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL LOL

The intake was uncovered for the photo op.... I like it raw and nekkid!

As far as IC-n-super fan, closest I can afford right now is my driveway blower....trust me, thought about it for a fun project. Only problem was, I only have 100' of extension cord!

Now that I no longer have a spare IP, the old will be sent to Agnem for build to superfan status- light mod only. But, I don't have a fan nor chiller yet... looking at $3k worth in parts alone....although, I almost got a Caterpillar IC for free two days ago, but mechanic wanted them for cores....I would've had to mount that thing in the truck bed to make it fit!

Yes, return lines and caps to be replaced. Typ4 sent me a complete set when he shipped the BB's. He sold me some olives a few months back and those will also all be replaced.

Also, the old injectors are BB's. They were stamped so lightly, I couldn't read them with the minor amount of varnish and dirt over them. They appeared when I shot them with carb cleaner, and around the bases so I could blast compressed air to blast dirt off so I didn't get any into the I-holes.... not to be confused with A-holes. And yes, critical openings were covered before blasting. The injectors came out without a hint of dirt at their bases.... niiiiice and cleeean.

I couldn't find my short torque wrench, so had to use my 2'er. It was a bit tight to swing it. Screwed in all injectors until coppers hit bottom, them torqued. 33ftlbs isn't a lot of torque, so didn't take much with the long handled wrench to seat them fully. Some only took an eighth turn before popping. I loosened them all after first go around and re-torqued just to make sure my feel was proper for the angle and setting. "Did not use an extension"!

All the old coppers were good and clean so no fear of bad seats... left the bore scope at work next to the short torque wrench... so trusting my guesstimation of cleanliness.

The thing that ticks me off about this little project is, I wasn't ready to do it yet. The truck is stuffed full of oil cooler parts, oil, SCA's and coolant, hydroboost, new flex lines, PSP 2 return line adapter, brake fluid.....etc! Ah well... at least this portion will be complete. Tranny's new/rebuilt complete... after all of this, I'll finally get around to paint!

I love this truck! cookoo :rolleyes: :rotflmao No seriously. I really do love this truck. My buddy teases me that it's my version of a Corvette. Most guys spend money on classic cars and hot rods.... mine goes into an old work truck.... borderline white coat stuff!