Secondary fuel tank or transfer tank.

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
I have a 99 PSD and it only has one fuel tank. Has anyone added a dual tank setup to one of these trucks? Or doesn anyone have any other ideas? I am going to be putting a stack kit on my truck so a transfer tank wont be able to fit in the front of the bed so doesn someone make a tank that fits around the stacks? Does someone make a transfer tank that fits on the side of the bed or somethin?

truckinchuckie

Reaction score
yeah i have an 87 f250 i put a 50gln tank in off from a straight truck its only about 27in wide and about 3ft long centered in the box leaves me about a foot on both sides to put a stack out towards the edge of the box. and its hokked up with 3/8 pipe fittings and 1/4in fuel line and pumps intn the fuel neck works pretty slick to.

truckinchuckie

Reaction score
no its plumbed into the filler neck with 3/8fittings and 1/4 in hose with a shut off valve if not it would over fill the main tank if not moving and useing fuel

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
Gotcha. I'd like to have one in my bed as long as it dont take up much room. Im wondering if i can make a transfer tank that will fit around my stacks. I have a short bed and i want to save as much space as i can since im gettin stacks.

truckinchuckie

Reaction score
well like i said mine is only about as wide as a tool box that doesnt go all the way across the bed and if i was to put stacks in they would sit and look better towards the outside of the box anyway.

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
I will only have one hole cut in my bed and it will be closer to the passenger side. I would mainly have the transfer tank in when I make my trips to colorado since when you get out in western kansas and eastern colorado there arent any gas stations for about 70 miles or so sometimes and i dont want to be stranded. A transfer tank beats carrying a few 5 gallon cans of diesel haha. This tank will be removable when im in my own territory.

foxman

foxman
Reaction score
H ave you considered a 50 gallon aluminum tank from a refer trailer. Mount it on skids and only put it in on the trips you refer to. You could get the transfer switch/valve from a truck eith dual tanks and use quick connect fitting to make it removable when not wanted. These tanks are short enough to allow stacks on the outsides. This is a setup that I ran for about two years before getting my front tank.
Foxman

foxman

foxman
Reaction score
A lot of old retired trailers find their way to being storage buildings. You might even try the heavy truck bone yards. If you were closer to Ga I can find many in short order.
Foxman

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go to a semi trailer dealer. They have a lot of trade in refers with the aux. diesel tanks. They just scrap them out when the aluminium scrap price is hi. You might be able to get the pump off the diesel engine for the refrig compressor, some are electric pumps.

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
hmm good ideas! I might have to look into that. I'd like to have it removable so that opens the doors to many possiblilities. I only want it on the long trips.