Seat belt retractt button on door frame?

blakpete91

Reaction score
I noticed that there is a black button that can be pushed in when the door is closed (kind of the same setup as the courtesy light button for the inside cab light). I followed the wire and it goes to my seat belt base where all the belt winds up. Does any one know what the purpose of that button is? I have noticed that sometimes my seat belt slacks all the way out and I can not get it to retract by just tugging on it real quick. The only way it will retract is by opening the door.

-Blake

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
thats exactly what the button does. its a solid wire that goes into the seatbelt and when you open the door it retracts the seat belt. I hate when my belt goes slack all the time with the door closed so when i had my interior out i cut the wire. You need to pull on the wire then roll it over so it stays pulled. tuck it under the interior panel and you belt will never do the slack thing again. This has nothing to do with the operation of the belt iteself as far as locking when in an accident or panic stop. There is a pendulum weight thing inside that does that.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Wow. I would've never guessed that. Definitely going to investigate my 88 to see if I can find it.
I hate loose seat belt's with a passion.

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
I hate those things. I just push the button into the cab on the last truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online