Seat belt light...........

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Pulled the carpet,shifters and cover to acess a small leak and after putting it all back, the sealt belt light stays on, regardless of key position AND even lights when you open the door :confused: cookoo

No ding-ding.......just the light stays on even with the eng running.

The only thing out of the norm I did was to pull the chime so I could hear some satellite :D tunes with the door open with the key in ACC.

I did re-install the chime as I kinda like having that reminder for headlights :eek:

Seeing that little stinking light is driving me cookoo

Really wierd................any clues?

:cheers:
GEO

Last edited:

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
How did you cause that? I don't know iif this will cause all your problems but did you bang up the wire that goes into the seatbelt buckle somehow?
Does the light go off if you put the seatbelt on? If not, check the wiring to the female seatbelt buckle that is suposed to turn that light off. Maybe the thing got all wet from the leak and you got in there and pissed it off!
Ken

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
NJKen said:
How did you cause that? I don't know iif this will cause all your problems but did you bang up the wire that goes into the seatbelt buckle somehow?
Does the light go off if you put the seatbelt on? If not, check the wiring to the female seatbelt buckle that is suposed to turn that light off. Maybe the thing got all wet from the leak and you got in there and pissed it off!
Ken

Light stays on regardless of seatbelt connection......and NO I did NOT bang up any wires :draw ;p

Didn't even disturb any of the seat belt connections :confused:

DEEPLY WIERD..........................

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
It's gotta be improper re-instaliation of the buzzer/chime then :backoff ;p
Ken