sd powered idi

gsxjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK quick question are the frame towers different from an idi to a PSD gearing up for my idi swap in to my 01 SD and found the SD towers are the same from gas to diesel and an obs PSD will bolt in to a SD so if an idi will use PSD towers then my swap just got easy

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can certainly infer a "bolt up" solution. there is no difference in the frames between the OBS psd and idi. BUT......i am quite sure you will need the IDI engine brackets for the IDI.
prolly the only good thing of living in a rustbelt state. emissions laws are not as rigid since they expect everything to die in 5 years. in kali, we still have 50 year old diesels working ******* the farms still.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
OK quick question are the frame towers different from an idi to a PSD gearing up for my idi swap in to my 01 SD and found the SD towers are the same from gas to diesel and an obs PSD will bolt in to a SD so if an idi will use PSD towers then my swap just got easy

Dude... PUNCTUATION. I had to re-read your post 4 times before I finally got what all you were trying to say. It's important over a computer. We can't hear the inflections in your voice to tell when one sentence / thought ends and another begins.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude... PUNCTUATION. I had to re-read your post 4 times before I finally got what all you were trying to say. It's important over a computer. We can't hear the inflections in your voice to tell when one sentence / thought ends and another begins.
i must be so used to reading bad writing, that I completely filled in the punctuation automatically.
i had no problem understanding him.
then again, this is a diesel forum, not writing 101.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online