SD HVAC controls

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
i picked up the crown vic control head for 40$ on ebay. I will junk yard the rest of the wiring and sensors.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
i picked up the crown vic control head for 40$ on ebay. I will junk yard the rest of the wiring and sensors.

When you recieve it, on the factory vacuum connector harness the black vacuum line. Apply vacuum on it and see if it holds. If it doesn't the unit is bad. Just save you a little headache if you go to troubleshoot later

edit: this isn't the only way they fail. They fail in multiple ways but its a good simple check to start with as most that i've replaced were stuck on defrost or floor mode and leaking vacuum.

Last edited:

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
When you recieve it, on the factory vacuum connector harness the black vacuum line. Apply vacuum on it and see if it holds. If it doesn't the unit is bad. Just save you a little headache if you go to troubleshoot later

edit: this isn't the only way they fail. They fail in multiple ways but its a good simple check to start with as most that i've replaced were stuck on defrost or floor mode and leaking vacuum.

thats great thanks. i will give that a test when it comes in. ;Sweet