Scrap 88 International 1600 IDI in Ohio

mrroboto1975

Reaction score
Heads up, there is a scrap 1988 International 1600 7.3 IDI at Reed's Salvage in Grafton Ohio. Still some good parts. Low pro chassis, 8 lug 19.5" wheels (very wide pattern, not the same as 1 ton pattern). Front tires have dry rot, I will assume rears are the same. Missing: Alternator, A/C compressor, windshield, fuel tank, steering box, seat. Parts that I believe may be useful: Front and rear axles, manual trans, radiator, A/C condenser, PS pump, air compressor pump (not sure what it was for, truck has juice brakes, maybe air ride seat) Passenger door looks good, drivers' door is dented but probably salvageable, neither seemed rusted. Hood was kind of beat up at the back from being dropped, but repairable. Engine is a reman, condition unknown, injector lines are off of injectors. Who knows. The yard is primarily a scrap yard, you pull your own parts, they sell stuff dirt cheap. The truck has a bunch of bed liners etc piled up against it, however I moved enough out of the way to get the hood open. Going into the yard it is almost straight back, and in the front of the scrap car section. Old U haul truck, big box on it.

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
I may have to go check it out. I'm right down the road from reeds.

mrroboto do you still have your s series truck? I can remember you posting on the diesel stop years ago.

Booyah45828

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you do check it out. See if you can get a tag # off the transmission. I'm on the other side of the state otherwise I'd do it myself.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online