S1600 Rebuild

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of us like bb code injectors. What wrong with the steel fuel lines. I would say in that heavy truck a pyrometer is mandatory. Pm type4 he sells injectors and return line kits.

SyicoIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Yes they are real gauges.

As far as using sealant on the freeze plugs? :dunno I did use a reputable shop. They actually mostly built race motors. They seemed knowledgeable and they are located in a small town off the beaten path. I personally know they have been in the same location in business for 10+ years. I trust that that to survive where they are they have people that come to them because they are good. But guess I can double check their work. I do have to pull a freeze plug to install my block warmer. While we are talking about sealant an ol' diesel guy told me NEVER use silicone on a diesel, something about breaking free and clogging up the oil squirts. So I am using this for the valley pan and just about everything else.
Any experience with this stuff?

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score
We use that stuff at work, works great when all surfaces are surgically clean, and machine fits. As for the freeze plugs, I'm not trying to bring any ill feelings or anything to this, just saying that a lot of people don't know the correct procedure for these plugs on these engines, don't have the specialty tool to install them correctly, don't know that universal's will NOT work, and don't know that sealant of some sort is necessary on these freeze plugs, or they will leak.

SyicoIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Part numbers for the plastic thing is bx276599n I think its the oil pressure switch they looked up my parts by vin # so it should fit my truck but it looks like nothing I already have. Other part numbers are 1803082c2, and 479758c1
Keep in mind these are part numbers form an International dealer not ford. IDK if they are the same.

SyicoIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of us like bb code injectors. What wrong with the steel fuel lines. I would say in that heavy truck a pyrometer is mandatory. Pm type4 he sells injectors and return line kits.
Jonathan my truck has bb coded injectors and the steel lines are all rusty and pitted. Not leaking but i would imagine they are on their way.

SyicoIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can ask the shop about using sealant on the freeze plugs. I am not sure if they are stainless because they are painted over. There is a hard gooped substance around the edges of the plugs that looks like some sort of sealant to me. I will ask them but again these guys are not hacks. Their machinist shop was cleaner than my kitchen, and they had more toys than toys R us. I don't believe they lacked to tools to do anything. But it was something i didn't know to ask about so thanks. I will run it by them.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
That's okay. I have an international parts manual. It'll take me a bit. But I'll have them posted later. Right now doomsday preppers is on. Lol

SyicoIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doomsday preppers is the ****. When survival is the goal its in to the spider hole. I should make by s1600 my bug out vehicle. Big slow tank.

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh is pitted wow look in the mark place some might have some for sell if not I have a extra set just like me know if you can't find any

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes they are real gauges.

As far as using sealant on the freeze plugs? :dunno I did use a reputable shop. They actually mostly built race motors. They seemed knowledgeable and they are located in a small town off the beaten path. I personally know they have been in the same location in business for 10+ years. I trust that that to survive where they are they have people that come to them because they are good. But guess I can double check their work. I do have to pull a freeze plug to install my block warmer. While we are talking about sealant an ol' diesel guy told me NEVER use silicone on a diesel, something about breaking free and clogging up the oil squirts. So I am using this for the valley pan and just about everything else.
Any experience with this stuff?

I have been using that #2 Form-a-Gasket stuff for years, even way back when Mr Gasket first invented it; it is real good stuff on many applications, especially good to coat both sides of any gasket that might need be removed intact some time in the next fifty years.

The advice about improper use of sealers is sound; I read somewhere that the single biggest cause of under-warranty diesel engine failure is stray bits of those foil seals that cover the openings of new oil jugs and bottles finding their way into some important oil passage or other; it sounds to reason that bits of silicone would be equally as detrimental.

As for the stripped injector-pump bolt (if I understood correctly what you meant) , depending on just which bolt it is, I would simply tap it to the next bigger size --- even if the next closest size is SAE.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Something seems wrong between the pics and numbers you posted. Not sure exactly what went wrong. But I'm sure this should help.
This is mainly for the f-series but some I put locations for f-series and medium duty. First of RH=Passenger side. LH=Drivers side.
E8TZ9E939A (FORD) 1803082c2 (INTERNATIONAL) Controls high-idle and cold advance. Goes into the RH front cylinder head behind the thermostat. Or on the water pump. Should look like this http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=230849228280

S-4620 (NEW STAR) 479758C1 (INTERNATIONAL) Oil pressure sender. Rear top of engine block. Just barely to the RH side. Or possibly by the oil filter. Should look similar to this http://m.autozone.com/autozone-mobi...Oil-Pressure-Switch/_/N-ij6ljZ8znc6?id=158261

BX276599N Is a low pressure warning switch. ***The one old one next to it looks like the over temp warning light. Goes into LH front head near exhaust manifold. Looks like this http://m.autozone.com/autozone-mobi...D/Temperature-Switch/_/N-ij6ljZ91shz?id=19151

C6TZ10884A (FORD) The coolant temperature sensor. Looks like this http://m.autozone.com/autozone-mobi.../Temperature-Switch/_/N-ij6ljZ91shz?id=128785 Goes into the LH front cylinder head. The top one, not down by the exhaust manifold.

SyicoIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jasper. That should help me out a little. Called Henry's diesel performance in Westport this morning and they still haven't even looked at my injectors and pump. They wont give me a timetable either. Bah.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that switch on the right is a low air pressure switch.