running hot

parttime379ex

Reaction score
alright guys my truck started running hot the other day just keeps getting hotter if i stay in it, if i stop it will cool back down but just as soon as i get back on the road again it will heat back up pretty quick.i changed the thermostat friday and it is still doing the same.seems to be circulating when i look in the resivoir.but here is something else when i shut the truck off and the water fills up the resivor it isnt going back down to the full cool line after it sits for a while.let it sit all night and it was full almost to the cap.after i started it up this morning and drove it to town the coolant level went down to full cold mark but when i shut it off it filled back up the resivor again,any thoughts?when i changed the thermostat i let it run for about 30 mins with the cap off so that it would bleed out the air.also here is something else when i drained the coolant from the petcock drain only about a 1-1/2 gallons of fluid came out with the resivoir cap off,thought that was a little weird the when i broke the seal on the tstat housing the coolant came on out.HELP please.thanks

parttime379ex

Reaction score
alright i have took the return hose coming from the heater coil off and i do have circulation.But i did find that the bottom radiator tank and hose is just as hot as the uppers.so i guess that i have found the answer to my problem.i will pull it out and get it rodded out the week.hopefully that is my problem.

parttime379ex

Reaction score
Cool!!

pardon the pun

HaHa.

well i have been messsing with it off and on all afternoon and got a infered themo. from a buddy and i dont think its the radiator cause there is like a 25 degree difference between the upper and lower hoses.if i have the evo plugged in and in the data stream it shows the temp and i can check it with the infered thermo. its reads within 1 to 2 dergrees difference and i checked the heater core lines and they read within 1 to 2 degrees also so i guess its the durn water pump.it is getting up in the 220 range with a short distance drive and will keep climbing if i continue driving so i will try a water pump and hopefully that will be my problem.i can get a h2o pump from advance with a lifetime warranty for around 125.00 so i guess i will go that route.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you looked at the thermostat?

parttime379ex

Reaction score
yeah i replaced the tstat on friday with no luck.replaced the waterpump today with no luck and guess what its the radiator only about a third of it is cooling.i left off the shroud when i put the waterpump on because i found that it was good but went ahead and put the new 1 on anyways and when i test drove it and got it hot again i found out that it was definitely the radiator stoped up.only about a third of it is open and doing what it should.got a new radiator ordered today and it will be here tomorrow and i will put it in and then my troubles will be solved.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online