RPM drop/surge after coming to stop?

cubinzkid

Reaction score
Hey guys, trying to sort this out cause it's driving me insane. The issue I'm having is when the truck is warm, i am driving, and come to a stop light, and after fully stopping and sitting my truck will surge. 50-100 RPM (620-715) but the second I get going it goes away. It doesn't always do it, just sometimes. I've searched and all I could find is people's trucks doing it all the time, but I can't find anything to help. Could this be ICP? IPR? Oil gets changed every 3000 miles. Seems to do it more the closer I get to the 3000 mile interval. Any help would be appreciated!

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Could be the ICP. Could be failing fuel pressure.
But with some trucks this seems to be the norm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

leojr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you checking your oil level? Some unusual things happen when the oil is about a gallon or so low.

cubinzkid

Reaction score
Oil is good, scanned as far as looking for codes or more like a buzz test? I watch my IPR pres. on my monitor, it correlates with the dropping/surging RPM. That's what made me think possibly sensor?

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unplug ICP sensor and see if it still does it. This will default to preset values on the oil pressure. Is there oil in the electrical side of the sensor?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online