Rok Auto Belts

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, Rock auto has wholesaler close out belts for under $1 each. Gates too, made in the US, not cheap foreign junk either. I got 5 of each (yah, I know, lots of spares, but at the price it's worth it) and even with shipping it's about half what a replacement set would cost at the parts store.

Boltgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll have to put some on my next order.

Also for those with post-87 4x4 F350s, or those doing a D60 swap, they have tie rods on close-out for about $20 each. TRW branded, but it's actually NOS made in USA Moog pieces.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have some way to store those extra belts? They usually sit around for years and get old and stiff. I don't know if a plastic saran wrap would slow that down or not.

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought all 3 gates belt local... $48

Got home, checked rock auto... $18 shipped.

Ordered them and when the come in I'm going to return them to the local place.

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think any storage would be fine as long as they're not exposed to sun/ozone. I think the garage should be fine I'd think unless it's for 20 years or something.

Always worth keeping in mind too that taking buisness away from the local store means eventually they'll go out or have to raise prices a ton..... everything's a trade off. Just food for thought.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
I bought all 3 gates belt local... $48

Got home, checked rock auto... $18 shipped.

Ordered them and when the come in I'm going to return them to the local place.

Sometimes the local store will match your online (plus shipping) price. All you have to do is ask. If the store is charging too much for something that easy to get, they are asking for trouble anyway. Only charge outrageous prices for something that is hard to get, or no one else carries.

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
Sorry, but the local stores are worthless here. Double the price (already!) sometimes. Guy i know at one who used to work on my type of truck loathes the store even and sends me elsewhere.

Flood of chinese trash at it. Inability to stock basics like liquid electrical tape, but can have three rows on the same shelf for overpriced powering steering fluid? Give me a break. They, not those flocking to online (who have to do it in the first place because of practices like the above) are the problem.

I've seen this disease at all stores. It took a act of congress to get liquid electrical tape. Finally found it at autozone. Pep boys, checker (now o'reillys),walmart, lowes/home depot, used to stock it, but not anymore. Again, it's "easier" to stock three rows of the same product (atf,oil,etc etc) then it is to knock off a row of oil and put that product in.

Don't even get me started when I see a empty non tagged spot on a shelf at these places...

I think any storage would be fine as long as they're not exposed to sun/ozone. I think the garage should be fine I'd think unless it's for 20 years or something.

Always worth keeping in mind too that taking buisness away from the local store means eventually they'll go out or have to raise prices a ton..... everything's a trade off. Just food for thought.

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just noticed that my VP/Alt and Fan/Alt belts are fraying and missing a few teeth and there are still plenty of the belts available on closeout.

I bought Goodyear Razorbacks and for ~$30, I'll have replacements for these two and then two more full sets of replacements. I've had good luck with Goodyear's in the past and I'm sure they're on par with the Gates items.

Goodyear item numbers:
17581 - Fan/Alt
15325 - Alt/VP
17633 - AC/Fan
17601 - PS/Fan