Rodney Red on Its Way

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well, I've been tracking my aluminum radiator from Rodny Red accross the country. It will be here on Wednesday and hopefully early enough to install. I'm kinda like a child watching Santa leaving the North Pole on Christmas Eve which is my birthday... Kinda neet.... Kinda not so good for a child...:dunno

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Santa usually moves much faster :D interested to see how it does.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
we went from the copper/brass to alm rad in our 66 Fairlane GT and it made a huge different so im sure it'll be great on an IDI. how much did it cost?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Before it gets there you need to swing by a lobster house and pickup a bib so ya don't drool all over the thing :D

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The cost was $625.00 and thats cheap concidering what Ford will charge you for one of their's. My custom 5 row was right at $300.00 about 4 years ago.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
The cost was $625.00 and thats cheap concidering what Ford will charge you for one of their's. My custom 5 row was right at $300.00 about 4 years ago.

I wouldn't doubt if the price has to go up soon. Aluminum is going up. Heck scrap aluminum jumped way up in about the last 6 months. I was eyeballing some fuel tanks on some freightliners at the scrap metal yard that hadn't beend cut up yet a while back an it would have cost me $0.20 a pound. I was at the yard last week and they had a bunch more in and they had a nice 150 gal tank that fits nicely in my bed that only had one dent in it, , but the dang stuff was up to $1.00 a pound. Still not bad, 150 gal tank for $87 :D
I'm going to try to get in and out of your fine state this fall without buying any of that gold plated fuel that y'all have at the pumps there. ;Sweet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
How true... The price for diesel here is low at $4.87 and high at $5.69... I redid the numbers if I was going to the ralley. At 16 mpg it would cost over $3000.00 is fuel just to drive there and back....-cuss -cuss -cuss Thats really not going to happen. I can buy a GV for that amount and be done with it. Gees.... Some time back I could have bought a complete 94 dually crewcab in Georgia.... Running and looking good too.... We need to stop the madness at the pumps. I may be distilling my own fuel. I know how to make a refraction tower and what it takes to heat up the crude and pull a vacuum. Then its a done deal. The lites go up and the heavies go down. Then its being able to run lab tests to see what I have made.... I can make it out of used motor oil. Kinda just like refining the crap that comes out of the ground...... A nice name like "Blow it out Your @ss Major Oil Companys":D LOL would be kinda nice too.

Last edited:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still want that 5 row. our anniversary is on christmas eve so I get first dibs, right ???

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yes Russ. You asked first and thats ok with me. Gees.. Who gets married on Christmas Eve...... Oh wait... The presents... Silly me not thinken....

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We were in reno with nothing to do and I asked and she said" yea I suppose".

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Radiator & UPS

I called UPS to find out why my package (radiator) is not here yet. They told me that its still in transit. It shows that it left Ill. on the 27th. Now they don't have any idea where it is. Told me to contact the shipper and have them start a trace....-cuss This suxs big time. I have not seen the shipping information change since the 27th when it was started towards me. It really sounded like UPS couldn't care less about it.... RAT ********...:shoot: :moon: :***: :kick: :frustrate :bs -cuss :popcorn

tractorman86

Reaction score
I may be distilling my own fuel. I know how to make a refraction tower and what it takes to heat up the crude and pull a vacuum. Then its a done deal. The lites go up and the heavies go down. Then its being able to run lab tests to see what I have made.... I can make it out of used motor oil. Kinda just like refining the crap that comes out of the ground...... A nice name like "Blow it out Your @ss Major Oil Companys":D LOL would be kinda nice too.

:confused: so is there anything special to this method or do you just need an air tite "container" and pull a vacuum on it and pull the good stuff off the top? this is very interesting. oh and sorry to hear about the shipping retards.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well I calmed down some and called UPS again. Got someone this time that has a brain. He told me the "package" was on the west coast in Cerritos. Thats 5 miles from me. I told him I would go there and pick it up. Nope....-cuss Its on its way to me now. I can only pick it up tomorrow if they can't deliever it today for any reason. It will be here no later than 7 pm today.... So I'm sitting here and damn day waiting for some jerk at UPS to derop off my "package" probably being the LAST one of the friggen day. Why does this happen to me all the time... It even happens with Fed Ex. Well I'm fed up with all this waiting. I really need a drink and I don't drink... What a shame... Another wasted day of retirement that I wont ever get back......-cuss P.S. Its now 5:33 PDT on the west coast of Ca. The UPS tracking information still says its "in transit" from Hodgekins Ill...... What a crappy way to keep a business afloat. Kinda makes me think of ups as a floater... Thats a **** that wont sink.....;p

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70