road draft tube

onetonride

onetonride
Reaction score
i have a rdt that runs from my valve cover down the frame and dumps out. when i am sittin at the stop light i get quite alot of vapor that comes out and then i throttle up to go...it is like theres a cloud left behind me..how much vapor is too much? what does that mean? and how can i fix it?:dunno

onetonride

onetonride
Reaction score
mine does the same thing so i wouldt worry
i get ? and bad looks but i dont care

ok just checking... do u know why it does thaat though? would it be ideal to add another rdt on the passenger side from the valve cover? also with ur truck running when u take off ur oil cap do u get vapors shooting out from there?the only reason Im wondering is that i only have the one vehicle till winter is over(too cold to ride motorcycle) and dont want to be stranded

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
From what others have said, venting just one valve cover isn't enough. I'm not sure if there is poor exchange between the two top ends or what, but if you just have an opening in the valve cover with no "element" to help knock down the oil from windage/rocker arm then you are probably venting more than you want. Mel has always posted about the banks adapter that goes on the front of the IP gear housing where there is a block off plate. I wouldn't be hard to make one either.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
well the thing is he has a hypermax turbo same as me and in the destructions (instructions) it says to put you cranks case vent into the valve and i followed the destructions as they said and then decided to put a rdt on when i got on to this wonderful site thanks guy

bluecoot

Reaction score
I had that same problem. So after getting some info from a few guys on here, I rigged up something. I mounted my CDR valve on my intake tube after the air filter. Then I ran a 1 inch rubber line from my valve cover to the CDR. I dont get the vapor anymore and it seems to run great. I will try and post some pics tomorrow when I get home. hope this helps you out.

Matt

onetonride

onetonride
Reaction score
I had that same problem. So after getting some info from a few guys on here, I rigged up something. I mounted my CDR valve on my intake tube after the air filter. Then I ran a 1 inch rubber line from my valve cover to the CDR. I dont get the vapor anymore and it seems to run great. I will try and post some pics tomorrow when I get home. hope this helps you out.

Matt

Thanks Matt pics would be appreciated :hail

discbrks

Reaction score
Why not let the "vapors" com out the exhaust pipe? Weld a 3" piece of 1" o.d. pipe onto your exhaust pipe (probably towards the rear of the trans) and put the loose end of the RDT on it with a clamp. The exhaust will help to pull the vapors, and it will exit at the rear tire.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Why not let the "vapors" com out the exhaust pipe? Weld a 3" piece of 1" o.d. pipe onto your exhaust pipe (probably towards the rear of the trans) and put the loose end of the RDT on it with a clamp. The exhaust will help to pull the vapors, and it will exit at the rear tire.

That would work, but I'd put a check valve on there or you will end up putting exhaust in your engine. This has been beat to death in other threads, but there is a kit that has the valve cover vent, the exhaust pipe and check valves. I have one an have posted information about it a few times, it's MR. Gasket.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
That would work, but I'd put a check valve on there or you will end up putting exhaust in your engine. This has been beat to death in other threads, but there is a kit that has the valve cover vent, the exhaust pipe and check valves. I have one an have posted information about it a few times, it's MR. Gasket.

moroso makes them also i know summits got them i posted p/n a long time ago

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a common report of RDT guys. You hear stories from time to time about some concerned motorist rolling down their window to tell you "I think you truck is on fire!"LOL

But, most guys with RDT will tell you that is common at stop lights/signs.

Heath

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
It's a common report of RDT guys. You hear stories from time to time about some concerned motorist rolling down their window to tell you "I think you truck is on fire!"LOL

But, most guys with RDT will tell you that is common at stop lights/signs.

Heath

Yup, welcome to the "Hey yer truck is on fire" club.LOL

I made my own rdt venturi setup from the info Scott posted up. Works great!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well the thing is he has a hypermax turbo same as me and in the destructions (instructions) it says to put you cranks case vent into the valve and i followed the destructions as they said and then decided to put a rdt on when i got on to this wonderful site thanks guy

Been there. Done that. Had the valve cover with a hole in it on my shelf to prove it, until I sent it to Joe Lewis. LOL

Get a new valve cover.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brb5