Retirement Build on my 6.9

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the problem with even a stock Db4. The Justins fixed that issue by adding more fill ports. It did compromise dynamic timing a bit though. Now they have to be timed somewhat similar to a Cummins due to that fact.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I read the 1400 de fuel on Justin's pump. Hopefully Mel can post somthing in the moose section of a break down on what exactly his pumps do cause there's alot of confusion. Jmo.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have a t-18 trans with a gear venders 410 gears pulling a big hill with my 33' fifthwheel (19,600lbs) i hit 1,100 egts wot

is that with intercooler or not?
if you don't have an intercooler, I highly suggest putting one in. it is a passive power adder and has very few downsides. you do need to move the AC condensor if you have a full height IC. I have run most states west of the Mississippi, with a naturally aspirated F450 with 5.13 gears. I've also ran the same states with a F350 that's turbo'd and IC'd with 4.10 gears. I've pulled a 10k trailer with that power combo and did not have to keep an eyeball glued to the gauges. I'd like to try a 4.56 gearset and a USG splitter if I am to pull higher weights. Oh yea, my motor's internals was for the most part stock with the addition of "zero gap" piston rings. My philosophy with the motor, is to keep it stock to keep the temps down, minimize blowby so the turbo come on sooner and limit the upper boost amount to once again keep the temps down. As long as the temps can be controlled easily, the abuse the truck will see in the summer heat can be easily managed without burning the whole motor up.

Rxracer

Reaction score
Im his son, he has the hypermax intercooler on the truck, with full serpentine belt set up, RDT, and full gauges.
He isnt really looking for just a freshening up, we have a spare 6.9l on the stand and we were looking to possibly balance the low end, coat pistons, cam, polish crank ect. a full build on the motor for reliability and longevity.

Here is a bigger pic of his truck, ill try to get some more this weekend. BTW this pic is a little older, has some udpates to the tool box and wing area along with some nice alcola wheels :Thumbs Up

You must be registered for see images attach

Rob

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice rig!!!! I bet with that 5ver at 35 feet not being a ex or cc it's turns nice. I really like that bed with those pipes. I can pm the parts of my engine build rings an pistons coating ex if you want.

Rxracer

Reaction score
Nice rig!!!! I bet with that 5ver at 35 feet not being a ex or cc it's turns nice. I really like that bed with those pipes. I can pm the parts of my engine build rings an pistons coating ex if you want.

Ya if you could PM him that would be great.
the cab actually started life as a 84 f250 4x4 that lived its life up on a wheat field as the farmers main means of transportation, we have no clue as to how many times the odometer has been rolled lol. it had quite the transformation though. we bought an 85 f350 2wd cab and chassis out of the junk yard that had an engine fire. ran a new IP power wire and fired the truck up and drove it home. than for the next few months we swapped cabs from the f250 to the f350. After doing that he sent it off to get all the paint and body work done back to stock colors and redid the whole interior. the truck is practically brand new. I think we still have pics of the cab swap ect. btw when he puts the 5th wheel on, it lowers the truck about 1" lol. the rear springs are REALLY stiff ha ha ha.
Rob

Popspuller6.9

Reaction score
thanks rob i sometimes have a problem getting my point across. before we take pics i need to wash her up!!!! :) it is a little dusty!

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im his son, he has the hypermax intercooler on the truck, with full serpentine belt set up, RDT, and full gauges.
He isnt really looking for just a freshening up, we have a spare 6.9l on the stand and we were looking to possibly balance the low end, coat pistons, cam, polish crank ect. a full build on the motor for reliability and longevity.

Here is a bigger pic of his truck, ill try to get some more this weekend. BTW this pic is a little older, has some udpates to the tool box and wing area along with some nice alcola wheels :Thumbs Up

You must be registered for see images attach

Rob

You mentioned you guys are gonna do all that stuff for the build, any plans for a different turbo and what are your plans for fuel. Nice looking truck btw...

Popspuller6.9

Reaction score
well I started my 6.9 Build. sent my pump, injectors and cam to R&D. ordered head studs from Summit, ordered a master rebuild kit from Northern Auto Parts (i am impressed) sent pistons out to Performance Coatings yesterday. Block is all ready at machine shop waiting on the pistons to come back then the heads and pistons will go into the machine shop heads for for rebuild pistons to finish the 20 over bore then the final step to get the low end balanced. when I start putting it back together i will post some pics along the way

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online