Replacing FSV. Using ACDelco from Advance Auto.

mocetane

Reaction score
Bought a AC Delco FSV.#U7001. Anyone use this before on a 1988 F350 7.3 IDI ZF SRW.4x4? Plastic unit. Has a 6 port elect connector and wires.
Can't compare to old one yet. Appears I have to remove the front Fuel tank skid plate before I can see the original. Don't know if this is the right one.
The orig. does not "ZIP"/Switch (makes no sound---does not switch tanks)
Is it better to go with the Ford unit? It is probably double the Delco($74.88)
Delco is PLASTIC. Orig. is steel.
Also bought a Carter LP. Hope these will get some fuel to the filter. (Tanks are full)
Ideas/Suggestions. Ford vs Delco/Advance???

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I used a cheapie from Napa and it worked fine only problem that I ran into was because I plumbed my big tank (119 gallon tank) from the bottom of the tank the pressure/weight of the fuel would push open the valve and it would fill the stock tank to FULL and I mean FULL. But once I plumbed the fuel back to the top of the tank and then down (to offset the weight of the fuel) I had no problems. The 6 port switch valve I used was solenoid driven not motor driven like the stock unit. Is the delco one you purchased motor driven or solenoid driven (just thinking a fuel project for some day)...

mocetane

Reaction score
argve-----Sorry I can't tell if it is motor or solenoid--yet.
Instructions/diagram is in 3 languages at the same time. Fun for me.
I will be dyslexic for sure after figuring it out.
Will let you know when I find out. Will probably switch back to Ford on this piece.
Hate it when things(wires) have to be cut and spliced etc. like on this Delco. -cuss
Good time for things to crap themselves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online