Reommendations for chip/programmer

Cppr Busa

Reaction score
Well my buddy has a 2002 Dodge Cummins, we are goin to be buying 2 sets of guages together shortly, he wants to know what he should put in his truck. I said a Edge comp. Hes got s stock auto trans. He likes smoke too. Any thoughts or recommendations will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks Jim

haz-mat19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A fuel pressure gauge is a MUST and a trans temp would be a good start. If he has an auto and wants to have any more power he really needs to get a valvebody upgrade at a minimum. That would be alright for a comp. Good luck.

Mark Craig

Advertising Sponsor
Reaction score
Cppr Busa,

The Comp is a great product, and if he doesn't need all the power he can adjust it down to any power level he wants as he drives too! Get a pyro, boost and trans as well as a fuel pressure gauge and he will be covered on all the gauges he needs. Give us a call we have all the Edge, Auto Meter and DiPricol gauges in stock as well as all the different gauge mounts too!

Mark @ DPPI

Last edited:

cdennyb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see alot of opinions towards the edge line of programmers. Not too much about the Banks 6-gun and speed loader electronics, any reason why? Maybe just because you sell that line or are they really a unit that doesn't compare for our purposes?
Just curious, don't want to start an electronics war here... :confused:

Mark Craig

Advertising Sponsor
Reaction score
cdennyb,

Mostly the cost is higher, they make quality products, but for less you can get more.

Mark @ DPPI

dazedandconfused

Reaction score
dieselminded said:
I have an 'o2 and an Edge Comp and love it they have updated it to the new version for free ...all i did was ask

heres the most popular Boxes/Programers for a 24V 2nd Gen the picks are linked and it has install and performance info

http://www.3d.otisnet.net/toppage4.htm

DM

Link dont work! Edge products are simply the best in my book.

Andy

Whit

Reaction score
Edge make a very good product and they stand behind their stuff, staff support is fantastic too, I thought I was having a comp issue so I sent it in and they replace it free of charge within their 2 year warrenty no questions asked, after I installed the new unit I was suprised to have the exact same results .............after further diagnosis it was found to be a turbo issue.

I agree the Banks has some good products but in my oppinion they are spendy.

Cheers, Kevin

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
edge is just the best..ask any cummins owner..especially pullers and racers..edge is the best. thats all i will install on any cummins. no questions asked. great price, awesome performance, and the tech support and warranty are all perfect.

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
If he's stock, I'd suggest the EZ just for less stress on the slushbox and IP. Definately get the fuel pressure and trannie temp gages in addition to boost and pyro. I had a DiabloSport Power Puck on my Goat which was very similar to the EZ. Smoke was good, power was very good as well. I miss my Goat.

Tinman875

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just recently had a long conversation about Bank's products with a Bank's engineer. I have been a real Edge fan, until recently so bear with me. This is what HE said.

The difference between thier product and any other on the market is the fact that the "other" brands do not change all the timing conditions in the engine, hence all the extra smoke. He said that they add feul pretty much during all the wrong times during the stroke cycle, putting in way too much feul. To make this short, thier products change ALL aspects of the timing conditions in the engine, maximizing feul delivery on the combustion stroke no more no less. Sorry to sound like a salesman for banks, but I wish i recorded it.

Now, for my experience with Edge. I have a ez in my 01 and have had nothing but problems with it. It actually took 5mpg empty away from me, but kept me at 10mpg while towing ( and love the power added!!) until my last run before my block cracked. I was having to unplug it every time I unloaded. I like the 20mpg stock. I was down to 7.5mpg loaded but no loss in power wierd cookoo I have played with it a bunch since I haul trailer across country for a living, and will be glad to take it back in and get something else. The one thing for sure, edge has a full warranty, and they will rebuild it for you. On the down side, your out your box for a week. But since I will be adding a gen 3 to the frames, I have some more choices in types of stuff. Banks is spendy, but do you get what you pay for?? Have you seen the new programmer from Bully Dog? you can actually get a "trial tune" for free from a BD dealer. Then after a week the program automatically goes back to stock. Technology these days. Either you love it or you hate it.

CumminsTex

Reaction score
I'd start with TST powermax 1 + remote stacked with Marco's Smarty (ecu programmer) Excellent combo and as you grow in power the boxes will support it! Smarty is also capable to link to your computer and download firmware updates and new ecu programs!!! Def. worth it!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online