Removing Ats turbo from 6.9

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
(deletes c-4 comment and slowly walks away)

howd you do today waystro?
ive almsot got mine back together.
new injection lines are a PITA to instal! espically sober :D

Surprisingly I did pretty good today. Got both Bottom bolts from the plate that's on the head(ATS calls it the Turbo mount) Off working on the Top one. looking at the Parts Diagram it looks like there is only 3 Bolts than I should be pulling it off.

It Helps when all the bolts are Covered In Oil. :D

The Oilburners Force is with us today sounds like we're both making progress. ;Sweet

Last edited:

marmot

On the bench
Reaction score
Waystro that natural knocker' loose really keeps those bolts pristine:sly don't it. As I was told by a very simple colored friend who was dumping oil on his trash fire in SC, I mentioned that it might not be environmentally sound practice to do that, he said " It come from the erph" Idiot I put IP lines back one at a time following the FSM. They were still a pain but much easier than trying to clamp them then install them as someone recomended

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Waystro that natural knocker' loose really keeps those bolts pristine:sly don't it. As I was told by a very simple colored friend who was dumping oil on his trash fire in SC, I mentioned that it might not be environmentally sound practice to do that, he said " It come from the erph" Idiot I put IP lines back one at a time following the FSM. They were still a pain but much easier than trying to clamp them then install them as someone recomended

Hahaha yes it does.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

yea Gary told me that too, but im hard headed, i installed them loosely so that i can get all the lines in the general location before i tightened the lower nuts.
i did this with the IP on the bench, im pretty sure i got them tight enough. soon as i solve a few issues she will be a runner.

off topic hijack over.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Not much to Report Today. Worked on My Suburban replaced sway bar Bushings and EndLinks.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
attachment.php

Update......

Got the Turbo off. ;Sweet

Man it put up a Fight should have just removed that plate in the first place. :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    640.7 KB · Views: 93

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Ok now that I have the turbo off what to do with the turbo oil feed line I know I have to remove it but do I plug the hole?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would also be a good spot for a mechanical oil pressure gauge, if you don't have one already.

On non-turbo trucks, there was a small steel pipe plug with a square drive head in that spot, so if you can find something like that, you'll be golden. ;Sweet

Congrats on finally getting the beast off!

marmot

On the bench
Reaction score
Good work man! ;Sweet I am glad you got it done and did not break you or your turbo. Im sure mel will do some interesting project with it, curious what you think of the NA 6.9 diesel. I own two na diesels and 3 turbo diesels now and I really like the simplicity of my na diesels although there is a definite lack of power as compared to the TD. Both the NA diesels I have are in cars and they are super efficient engines both average 35-40 mph er...mpg:rotflmao post up your turboless experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online