Removing Ats turbo from 6.9

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
after you pull the cross over pipe off, and unbolt the passnger side manifold, the 2-1 up pipe should slide right off.
thn its an oil line, intake hat, and 2 bolts for te pedistal

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after you pull the cross over pipe off, and unbolt the passnger side manifold, the 2-1 up pipe should slide right off.
thn its an oil line, intake hat, and 2 bolts for te pedistal

Yeah but this here makes it sound a freakin lot easier than it is! Prepare to get frustrated and angry, not to mentioned scratched and nicked and otherwise physically defaced LOL LOL

you've been warned.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
To lift the cab do I just remove the front body mount bolts from just the front? So I can get this turbo off. Just need a little more clearance.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, core support and front body mounts under the driver and passenger floor. Soak them good too. One of mine was rusted to the point of not being able to remove it without a sawzall.

Got that ats kit sold?

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Yes, core support and front body mounts under the driver and passenger floor. Soak them good too. One of mine was rusted to the point of not being able to remove it without a sawzall.

Got that ats kit sold?

Aright I thought it would be pretty simple decided to take Towcats advice on lifting cab. ;Sweet

Yes I'm selling to Agnem I was supposed to call but didn't want to call until I had it pulled.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Its really a waste of time using WD40 on anything thats threaded. Get some Aerokroil or PB Blaster. You wont be sorry. Kroil works better and you can't use too much of it. Warm up the engine and spray it on the bolts. Let the engine cool normally. Do this for 2 or 3 days every time the engine cools down. What your doing is allowing the expanded metal to cool sucking in the penetrating oil. Kroil will creep into a gap 1 millionth wide. NOTHING else on the market will do that. Kano Labs makes it and their web site is great.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
I usually use PB Blaster. But had to RedNeck it and make my own(Trans fluid-2cycle oil)
It Actually work pretty good ;Sweet

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To lift the cab do I just remove the front body mount bolts..

:rotflmao Good luck! I spent two hours trying to change my mounts. First one came off in 15 minutes, the second one broke everything I had to try and destroy it. It's still on there.

BTW, I have that turbo and the "steps list" is very simple, but that turbo is a PITA. Get your prybar out for separating the slip fits and undoing the pedestal nuts.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Well todays the day I'm going to pull the Turbo LOL

Looks like who ever installed the Turbo used the stock Y pipe and just spliced in the pedestal.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
One step forwards two steps back.

Finally got the down pipe bolt out thought ok well I'll just remove the whole turbo assembly Wrong!!

the oil drain back tube is held in to the bottom if the turbo with 2 Allen bolts of unknown size??

so once I get those bolts out what do I need to do next?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradz

Members online