Relay for ????

RGMS4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My ele. door locks will lock the doors but will not unlock. I removed the passenger side kick panel and found two relays taped together with brown and purple wires running to them. There is a black and red wire running from the relays under the carpet to somewhere.
Does anyone know what these relays are for?????

Thanks
Randy

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I don't remember in The Enterprise having relays for the door locks - sounds like to me that someone at one time had either a remote door lock unit or a security system that locked and unlocked the doors. Because the wiring colors you describe sound awefully familuar from when I was working on door lock circuit on The E. Now you have to understand it's been a couple of years since I have owned The E but somethings still sort of stick in my mind.

So you might take a voltmeter and watch the voltages on the wires while running through a truth table for the circuit... meaning watch the purple wire when the switches are in different postions...

RGMS4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Travis.
The wires from the relay went under the dash and stoped. I disconnected the relays and connected the factory wires together and all is good.

Thanks
Randy