rebuild or repair

C_Luft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow saw a few reviews ,1400 psi pop pressure on (rebuilt) injectors sounds like they cleaned them and didn't replace the springs, they definitely won't be getting my business any more, I have heard nothing but great things about moose misters and moose pump, my fault I wanted to get the cheapest stuff so could get registration which I still haven't got because the old cdr

C_Luft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I changed the valve cover gasket and the cdr, the truck doesn't smoke as much from what I could see it was dark out, but I'm still getting the **** and engine hiccup But not as bad just more often I think I need to adjust the valve cover. But my friend said from the outside it sounds like the waste gate is opening at idle

C_Luft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I traced my problem to the valve cover it's dented in several places, how should I go about fixing it, no one has new valve cover and the nearest one is in Seattle

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Also make sure the bolt spreaders are under every valve cover bolt. They spread the clamping pressure out so the cover does not get bent from the bolts being tight.

C_Luft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bolt spreaders definitely make sense now I was missing 3 ,, 2 on the oil dipstick support and 1 on the transmission dipstick support.
My next question is, are the 2wd and 4wd E4od transmission lines the same cause the previous owner wrapped tape around a cut transmission line and it started leaking while I was taking it for a short drive

C_Luft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So all of my leaks have been taken car of, now I changed the transmission fluid and filter, I put the 6 qts of fluid in transmission, I ended up putting 2 more quarts in to get the fluid on the dipstick, and my torque converter did not have a drain plug , so I'm questioning myself to put more fluid in, but my upper transmission cooler line was leaking for a 1/2 mile around the block and it continued to leak for 10-15 min(with the engine off) as I was attempting to put power steering hose on the leaking cooler line.
Does the upper transmission line drain(with engine off) from the cooler or the torque converter,

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Not sure what your calling the upper trans line. Here is what I know to be true. Look at the side of the trans where the 2 lines are. The front line is the supply to the radiator or the trans cooler. The line towards the rear of the trans is the return line. It does 2 things. It directly lubes a bushing in the main shaft and it returns cooled fluid to the trans for another loop.