Rear Shock Absorber Nut & Washer

NCheek

Howdy
Reaction score
This weekend I undertook the project of installing my B&W Turnover Ball gooseneck hitch. Part of the process involved loosening the center bed-bolts to ease the installation of the rear support rail for the hitch. Upon completing the project, due to a time constraint, I put off tightening the bed-bolts back down until the next day.

Here's where the problem lies: when I got back under the truck to tighten the bed-bolts, I noticed the top shock absorber mount on the driver's side of my truck was missing the nut and special washer. My question is this: Is this a dealer only item, or can I possibly obtain these parts somewhere else? :dunno

Thanks,

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Just snag a steel stop nut and washer from the hardware.
The factory ones are curved to accomodate the rubber bushing, but a regular washer will work.
When tightening, just don't let the bushing squeeze up past the bushing housing.

NCheek

Howdy
Reaction score
You don't know the size off the top of you head, do you Ron? I would like to avoid crawling under the truck in the wet, hardware store parking lot to get an analog to carry in with me...

NCheek

Howdy
Reaction score
Well I'll let the tread "soak" a while longer, and maybe by the time I get out of class this afternoon, Gary will have reported all the necessary specifications down to tensile strength and rockwell hardness... :D

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Well I'll let the tread "soak" a while longer, and maybe by the time I get out of class this afternoon, Gary will have reported all the necessary specifications down to tensile strength and rockwell hardness... :D

:rotflmao

He's prolly got a box of them in the back seat.LOL

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well I sure don't have any of those behind my rear seat but... Any wrecking yard will have several donor trucks and these parts are so small they fit in your pocket... After all you already paid $2.00 entry fee.. Why pay for something like that... I really don't think they would charge you anyway.... Pocket parts... No better parts...:rotflmao:D

Last edited:

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I know on my 92 the things were metric. I think 12 mm . They were out of lock nuts so a dab of blue locktite did the trick

NCheek

Howdy
Reaction score
Well, I didn't get the chance to crawl under it today, but I'll report back when I do. The real shame is that I have a parts truck at home, but I won't be going back home for three weeks...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online