rear disk conversion bracket

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
Hey folks, I cant seem to find the bracket for the Sterling 10 1/4 rear on fleabay anymore. Anyone know where to get the bracket n bolts? I gotta tear into the rear brakes, n im just goin to do the conversion kit. Thanks!

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
Thanks! that'll work much better for me. I have access to folks who can cut me the brackets.
So what all rear disks will work does anyone know? I see they list fordvan disks now. I remember K20 fronts work. Some nice slotted rotrs would be cool. But any improvement over current is better!
Thanks again! link saved

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
looks like a sweet write up except for the compression fitting on the brake line and no rubber between the line and caliper.

i don't know about other states but its not legal in PA to use a compression fitting on a brake line they are not rated to take that pressure and abuse, double flair connections only.

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
That is a pretty good writeup. I forgot just how cheap it really is to do. For under 200 bucks (if u can make the brackets yourself) It really isnt that intensive. Only thing I may change is going to a braided stanless from the T all the way across the axle. Or welding a bracket on the axle to use a short braided stainless line for flex when u change the pads. Wonder how long those rear pads last?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online