Rear brakes are done.. Is the booster shot?

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
I put new rear brakes and a wheel cylinder on the 93 the other day. Upon going for a test drive, I noticed a very hard pedal. I almost have to stand on it sometimes. When the wheel cylinder gave out, I lost all the pedal I had and most of the brake fluid in the reservoir.

The pedal went to the floor on me a couple of times, before I got it in the garage. The only possible reason for the hard pedal now, that I can think might be the problem, is that the booster was damaged. Is that a possibility?

I still have around 18-20" of vacuum and this didn't start, until I replaced the brakes. I also adjusted the brakes and the truck moves freely, with the pedal released.

Am I even close on this one? Any other ideas?

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
With the max developed vaccuum developed, turn the truck off. Press the pedal as far as you can to the floor one time and release. If the vaccuum goes to zero, you need a new booster. This is as per the facory service manual. I'd look into hydroboost, that's just me talking.:D

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Time to install that hydroboost system sitting under the bench. You have about everything you need... Its just the time to do it......:sly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stubburnjd1