? re: Tekonsha Prodigy stuff...

jvencius

Reaction score
I bought a gently used Tekonsha Prodigy brake controller from a fellow on the CB a while ago but I've never gotten around to hooking it up and since Maggie and I figure on trailering her Subaru (on a flatbed) when we move this summer, getting the controller hooked up and making sure it works would probably be a good idea. Problem is, when the guy I bought the controller from disconnected it, he mashed up the pigtail that plugs into the back of the controller and connects to the factory wiring adaptor that plugs into the factory wiring harness (I've still got that one in the glovebox). Is there a good place on the internet to buy a pigtail to replace the one that got broken? Tekonsha's website lists item #7894 "3 ft. Pigtail Harness" but I'm not sure if that's the part I would need or not...

Also, has anyone tried the Tekonsha Item #7686 "Pocket Mount"? It looks like it would fit in the cubby just to the right of the HVAC controls but I'm not positive. I do have the U-shaped bracket and it doesn't seem like that would be tough to install but if there were a ready-made unit that would work quicker, I'd at least entertain the idea of buying it.

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
Nobody in Minot would rent us a flatbed so we just dollied the wifes car down with a U-haul dolly. Seems the think you must also rent a HUGE truck to pull said flatbed.

Ryder said the F250 PSD was not big enough or strong enough to pull a flatbed & U haul said it was almost to small to pull the wife's Grand Am :roll eyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bunch of jerks ifin ya ask me ;p ;p

jvencius

Reaction score
Ramprat said:
Nobody in Minot would rent us a flatbed so we just dollied the wifes car down with a U-haul dolly. Seems the think you must also rent a HUGE truck to pull said flatbed.

Ryder said the F250 PSD was not big enough or strong enough to pull a flatbed & U haul said it was almost to small to pull the wife's Grand Am :roll eyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bunch of jerks ifin ya ask me ;p ;p

True, but Maggie has a Subaru (all wheel drive) that pretty much has to be on a flatbed to tow. I've also thought about buying a used flatbed and then selling it when we get to Cheyenne, but at least as far as tow vehicles go, I'm pretty well set.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online