R&D turbo piping question

ah1988ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, so you guys saw my piping, got it no one is a fan. so I 've decided to redo it like R&D has it but I see an issue with pipe clearance on the driver side there is literally no room, so I thought bang it in but the accelerator pedal is there any thoughts? could someone post a pic on how they did it I would be so very grateful

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look at how the obs psds have it routed, copy that. You will need to make custom manifolds if you want to use this style design

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, that’s why r&d has custom manifolds as a part of their kit, if there was a way to use this design without the additional work they would have done it

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
with a little bit of THINKING, it can be done.
i would personally copy the 093 design if i were you.
route the drivers side under the oil pan like stock, make a collector that bolts to the passenger side, and accepts the drivers side.
and larger tubing to accommodate both sides up to your t-3 flange.
alot of work, but can be done and can be done clean.
use mandrel bends, not the vato zone bends you have

you need more skills than a cubical welder, but less skills than a machinist

Last edited:

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, look at the Hypermax Pulse turbo kit. It uses two (small) separate pipes with stock manifolds.
Just got one on a new rig($370 for '85 f-250 with blown oil cooler), but haven't gotten it running yet.

gerlbaum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, so you guys saw my piping, got it no one is a fan. so I 've decided to redo it like R&D has it but I see an issue with pipe clearance on the driver side there is literally no room, so I thought bang it in but the accelerator pedal is there any thoughts? could someone post a pic on how they did it I would be so very grateful

I bought his Stage 1, comes with the manifolds and hot side (up pipes and t3/t4 mount). You basically do the same thing you would do with any of the other kits on the passenger side - remove the pinch weld. With that done, Mine fit fine and that included the up pipes being wrapped with header wrap. I have a ZF5 so I am not sure about any other tranny issues. An ATS 088 was on the truck originally. I do not have a body lift, and my cold side is a full on 60-1 housing, backing plate, and wheel and I don't have any fitment issues.

Unless you plan on moving the engine in and out a few times, it's MUCH better to buy his kit. All that work is done. There is no way to use the stock passenger side header, or easily use it, with a manual. The slave cylinder would be right in the way and probably melt lol. That being said, I use mine as a daily driver so I had to move more quickly and went with a kit where this was all figured out for me and I had just had my turbo rebuilt so it really made sense for the $1,200. If it is just a project, go for trying to do it yourself. Just takes a lot of effort in my opinion.

You must be registered for see images attach

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought his Stage 1, comes with the manifolds and hot side (up pipes and t3/t4 mount). You basically do the same thing you would do with any of the other kits on the passenger side - remove the pinch weld. With that done, Mine fit fine and that included the up pipes being wrapped with header wrap. I have a ZF5 so I am not sure about any other tranny issues. An ATS 088 was on the truck originally. I do not have a body lift, and my cold side is a full on 60-1 housing, backing plate, and wheel and I don't have any fitment issues.

Unless you plan on moving the engine in and out a few times, it's MUCH better to buy his kit. All that work is done. There is no way to use the stock passenger side header, or easily use it, with a manual. The slave cylinder would be right in the way and probably melt lol. That being said, I use mine as a daily driver so I had to move more quickly and went with a kit where this was all figured out for me and I had just had my turbo rebuilt so it really made sense for the $1,200. If it is just a project, go for trying to do it yourself. Just takes a lot of effort in my opinion.

You must be registered for see images attach

Good looking engine!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online