quick timing question, pertains to rotunda pulse setup

heff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i got a rotunda timing meter. it came with the 7.3 adapter that goes on the pulse fitting on the number 1 fuel line.
it works like it should, good steady readings, holds those readings etc. my question is my truck shows 15.5deg at
2000rpm with no load. Is that reading 15deg btdc? I'm thinking it is, but just wanted to ask folk with more experience.

side note the timing meter came with 2 of the deals that go in the glow plug holes, another weird looking adapter
and the probe for the glow plug things. And a couple of wrenches.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so i got a rotunda timing meter. it came with the 7.3 adapter that goes on the pulse fitting on the number 1 fuel line.
it works like it should, good steady readings, holds those readings etc. my question is my truck shows 15.5deg at
2000rpm with no load. Is that reading 15deg btdc? I'm thinking it is, but just wanted to ask folk with more experience.

I'm hesitant to speak on this as I just don't have enough experience in timing....I'm interested in learning about this meter however!

side note the timing meter came with 2 of the deals that go in the glow plug holes, another weird looking adapter
and the probe for the glow plug things. And a couple of wrenches.

2 of the deals that go in the glow plug holes....Those be LUMI probes

The rest other than wrenches I cannot imagine.....

How bout some pictures so we can help ya out....Hmm??

Al

heff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here are some pics.
i think the timing was really retarded since the timing mark on the ip was to the right.
i bumped it to the left until i had 8.5deg at 2000rpm. seems to start easier like that.

the "use with 7.3 engine" box plugs into the lumy plug on the red box.
the magnetic probe goes on the "use with 7.3 engine" box
then the little brass clamp is attached to the 7.3 box.
there is a ground clamp on that, and the clamp goes on the number 1 fuel line pulse sender.
pretty neat machine. there are a couple extra things that are with it to use it with the lumy stuff

the procedure for timing is covered in my 1993 service manuals. It's really quite easy to use, i wasn't
sure at first.

Attachments

• IMG_3902.JPG
    IMG_3902.JPG
    356.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3900.JPG
    IMG_3900.JPG
    371.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3894.JPG
    IMG_3894.JPG
    405.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3899.JPG
    IMG_3899.JPG
    304.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3893.JPG
    IMG_3893.JPG
    509.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3903.JPG
    IMG_3903.JPG
    429.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have two of that same meter. Those are nice expensive tools too. Be extra careful with thos luminosity probes. They are priceless because they are no longer made anywhere. If anyone has a luminosity probe harness and not the lumi probe they will pay dearly for your probes. I have been selling the Kent Moore lumi probes for some time. I get them when I buy the timing meters. I sell them for $125.00. They are still made by kent moore.... For between $375.00 and $400.00 each..:eek:.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle