Questions after electric fan insall.

dieselgiant

Dieselgiant
Reaction score
Just finished a test drive after doing what geonc did here http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17484. I used the same fans and motors. My question is while I'm driving back roads just going 45-50 temp stays at 192-3, which is higher than the mech fan with no shroud. Then on the freeway doing 65-70mph to goes up about 197-203. Are the fans restricting air passage at speed or what? When siting still with A/C on Max it goes below 190 even saw 185 siting at a red light. Sounds like they are restricting air flow at speed but I'm not shur. Its not really that hot but its hotter than normal.

I also noticed it was a bit more responsive without the mech fan on it

Last edited:

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are youre fans pushing or pulling they should be pulling
sounds like they are pushing the more wind going through the rad the hotter it gets?
swap the wires on the plug and see what it does should work much better

dieselgiant

Dieselgiant
Reaction score
If you put your hand in front of the grill you can feel the air being sucked in and pushed out of the gaps around the hood and cowl.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Those fans look like they also came on Taurus' as well as Aerostars. I plan on doing this swap but with a Mark 8 fan.

dieselgiant

Dieselgiant
Reaction score
I'm not shur if they came in Taurus' but the Aerostar's had a mechanical fan. Some of the them may have electric but I didn't find any at the pick & pull. The windstar is front wheel drive so it needs electric fans and there easy to find.

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
The thermostat starts to open at 192 iirc so your truck should run 190 minimum.

Your temperatures are right about where mine runs with the stock mechanical fan.

I would not worry until you start pushing over 220.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online