Pulling apart a locked up motor

1320Cummins

Pro Parts Thrasher
Reaction score
It isnt a converted gas, it was a clean sheet diesel, yes it does look like a gas block in some aspects but I laid one side by side and the diesel block is way different.

Use atf and laquer 50 50 mix, it will soak into the carbon around the pistons and rings and will free it up. Dont get in a hurry, the rings are stuck, sand the bores above any pistons .

Ahh ok, I was told by a few people that both the 6.9/7.3 and the 9.0 are conversion motors. You would think they would have done many things differently.

sootman73

Reaction score
if you dont want to spend that kind of money on PB you can use either coke or pepsi(i'm not kidding) the carbonic acid in pop is very strong(it can eat through teeth!)

i've seen this done before. they filled the cylinders to the top with coke and let it sit for a week. free'd the motor right up. Its not gonna make the thing runnable again but it should free it up. ;Sweet

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I guess I'll see what I can do. Pretty much can't hurt it and I ain't trying to save the block so here goes.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
if you dont want to spend that kind of money on PB you can use either coke or pepsi(i'm not kidding) the carbonic acid in pop is very strong(it can eat through teeth!)

i've seen this done before. they filled the cylinders to the top with coke and let it sit for a week. free'd the motor right up. Its not gonna make the thing runnable again but it should free it up. ;Sweet

And all this time I thought that it was the Whiskey that gave my the burning stomach feeling, not the Coke :rotflmao

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
You can use either coke or pepsi (i'm not kidding) the carbonic acid in pop is very strong(it can eat through teeth!)

X2

The next time one of your kids looses a tooth, put it in a cup of coke that was out of a can overnight... in the morning it will be gone or nothing but small granules.. Seen it..