Pulled my ip and....

ah1988ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well as i was pulling my ip put the drive shaft or what ever you call that part that connects to the timing gear pulled straight out of the pump !
It was the pos pensecola pump I have been having trouble with, goes to show how well they put them together ...
Any one else ever have this happen to them, I know I cant fix it just curious to see if this has happened to someone elses before.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never had that issue but then again I've only pulled a couple pumps...you did have the three lil 12 Point bolts behind the lil cover on the other side undone right? ;Poke

ah1988ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep the three little bolts were out and the nuts were off the mounting studs, I was going to snap a pic but couldnt find a camera.
I started to pull it last night and something didnt feel quite right it was dark and I couldnt see. This morning I go out and I see the front shaft was pulling out of the pump
so I took the injector lines off to give me some more room to play with and then I pushed the front shaft twoards the timing gear cover along with the pupm and held on to both and pulled them straight out. It suprised me because I wasnt being rough with it or any thing it just slid straight out from the pump.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, that does not sound good at all, maybe that's been part of the problem you have been experiencing giving you grief...LOL

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I recall another member had this issue about 6 months back or so. I don't recal the pump builder either. Sad thing is your pump is broken now. There is no way to pump it back in and have it function properly. I know you mentioned that you have been having some issues so this is where you are now. If there is a warranty still on it give them a call... Ask for your money back. Try to keep the pump thats shot and send it to Mel for a Moose pump build or maybe a baby moose build... That way you have the spare we all want to have for the just in case issues like this... Sadly pensacola will probably tell you your on your own and thanks for the business...

diezelcrazee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That drive shaft is held in by a snap ring and cant just come out on its own. Either the builder failed to install the internal snap ring (imagine that with Pensacola Diesel :rolleyes:) or the snap ring failed. It can be fixed.....

jnkyrdfourd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it was me, i had it happen and it was a bwd reman ip from oreillys, there are some pics of it in one of my prev posts .