PSD troubleshooting & repair part II

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once again, great job Mike. You are a trooper.;Sweet
I suppose this means your conversion to the darkside is complete.LOL

I'm almost done cross dressing:eek: ..... Gotta give the IDI a once over before I sell it to a good friend of mine (wanna make sure he stays a good friend;Sweet )

I got an education with the new truck for sure and I'm kinda glad I did as I have a very, very indepth crash course understanding of the electronics, oil and fuel system that will be a big bonus in keeping her around and running good for many years to come.

The "Bronze Star" has some minor things to clear up to get her just the way I want her, mostly cosmetic like a small jole in the drivers seat, cracked windshield, burnt out running board lights on one side, but I'm pretty pleased.

I have wanted a Crew Cab Superduty diesel dually since they came out in '99 and finally was able to get a nice loaded one in my budget.

Now I face some difficult decisions on to keep her outside appearance mild stock and retain the nice Lariat LE look.........OR.......DJM 3"/5" drop, to close the gap in the wheel wells but not scrape pavement, with some wild custom paint which I'm dying to do and some custom wheels;Sweet

I understand most of you that work these trucks hard and go for more power under the hood and hate lowering them:puke: ..........BUT......This is my car and this truck may not ever work very hard for the rest of its life with me and ya gotta admit a lowered CC dually looks good if done right;Really and done right it keeps it's load carrying capacity;Sweet

Low and Slow:love:

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
Mike glad to hear its runnin great. not too bad of $$$ in the truck , considering what new ones are worth.
need anything just ask.
Nick

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike glad to hear its runnin great. not too bad of $$$ in the truck , considering what new ones are worth.
need anything just ask.
Nick

Thanks Nick.

You nailed the injector problem in your first post in my other thread.;Sweet

Multiple problems that cause one condition like this are a real PITA to troubleshoot, especially when the puter doesn't tell you squat, and as slow as I am these days I'd never make money doing this stuff so you definatly have my respect.

Had a salesman at the Ferd dealer chase me through the lot all the way to the parts department, (I always cruise the lot to see how many salesmen will run out), the other day telling me he'd sure like to get me out of this truck:rotflmao , this guy had the appearance and demeanor that gives used car salesmen the bad name, right to the 10 gallon hat on his head....in North Carolinacookoo .

Told him I'd trade him even up on an '08 F-450 CC Lariat pickup he had there because I didn't want a payment and the new 6.4TT had to be tested......You can see I still have the '00:D Told him I'll buy a 2010 model in 2017 if the 6.4 doesn't have all of the issues the 6.0 did which is why I bought an older 7.3.:kick: Don't think he liked that too well:angel:

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Told him I'll buy a 2010 model in 2017 if the 6.4 doesn't have all of the issues the 6.0 did which is why I bought an older 7.3.:kick: Don't think he liked that too well:angel:
Truth generally does hurt!!! :D

That is a nice rig you got there. I am probably one of the ones who don't like lowered. I think it looks REAL nice just that way it is, but it is your truck and I don't remember consulting you about things I have done to mine! :rotflmao

At any rate, it looks nice and I am sure you have it running nice as well.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truth generally does hurt!!! :D

That is a nice rig you got there. I am probably one of the ones who don't like lowered. I think it looks REAL nice just that way it is, but it is your truck and I don't remember consulting you about things I have done to mine! :rotflmao

At any rate, it looks nice and I am sure you have it running nice as well.

Thank you, she's running as good as anything new off the lot.

It was one of those times you really needed to be there to see the look on his face:rotflmao

Nope you didn't consult me.:D If I lower it it won't be scraping weeds, just enough to close the gap on the wheel wells.

Mine with a 3500 lb pallet of block in the back
You must be registered for see images attach

Sister Truck from DJM suspension website with a 3"/5" drop and Ultra wheels like I have on my '90 (wish they would fit the '00);Sweet To me it looks much better with the gap filled.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

pafixitman

Reaction score
Mike, A 3/5 would look sweet. I for one think an old body style Chevy CC,dually with a 6/8 drop is smokin'! For some reason I think the OBS Chevys look better dropped than the Fords.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Glad to hear you gott'er done Mike. I aways wanted to do a lowered dually but with a set of Micky Thompsons 33's" in the back;burnout Pro Street style. I wish you good luck with it. Russ;Sweet

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike, A 3/5 would look sweet. I for one think an old body style Chevy CC,dually with a 6/8 drop is smokin'! For some reason I think the OBS Chevys look better dropped than the Fords.
The old Chebbies were easy to put in the weeds too unlike the TTB Ferds. Always seemed to be a lot more goodies available for GM trucks too.

Glad to hear you gott'er done Mike. I aways wanted to do a lowered dually but with a set of Micky Thompsons 33's" in the back;burnout Pro Street style. I wish you good luck with it. Russ;Sweet

Pro Street Dropped Dually used to be the rage with that big fat tire in the back. You used to see the wide wheels for this advertized all over the place and I was actually entertaining that thought today wondering if I could find an "E" load rated radial tire that looked like the M/T pro street tires. Havn't seen one in a long time done like this and with diesel trucks being the new hot rod I expect we might be seing something like this pop up again.

BTW I love the Cobra look of the F-350 dually on the cover of the March Diesel Power magazine, only one I've seen so far that makes 24" wheels look OK and if I didn't have and use the running boards I'd duplicate the sidepipes