Proper Introduction

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Alrighty I've been floatin around on here the past few weeks but haven't really introduced myself formally.My name's Junior,I'm 21 and a big time Ford nut and getting to be a 1/2 ton gasser guru on the subject.
I own a 1995 Ford F-150 flareside which is my project baby.She's got GT40 heads gasket matched intakes and ported exhaust ports on the heads with shorty headers, 1.7 RR's and a 56MM BBK TB.Custom intake tube and K&N filter.The transmission is stock so far and i've got swaybars to put on her because she never came with any.I swapped out the 3.31 gears for an 8.8 rearend I had with 3.55's and a posi locker.the rear had approximately 2k on it when i swapped it in.I've also got straight pipes no cats and burned out glasspacks but i am going to swap those out for flowmaster knock-offs (Thrush welded mufflers) and do a proper job on the tips.As of yet that's all I've done to her.I also have a 1989 F-250 SC 4x4 ZF 5 spd with a 7.3 NA which is completely stock and is the reason I've joined this forum.She white smokes and I was told it was the injection pump, which is evident it's a reman, however, I'm going to start with the basics of the fuel system.I'm about to pull the bed off to make it easier for me to clean the tanks as well as swap my flatbed onto it and modify the exhaust and clean the contacts on the fuel sender, hopefully the gauges will work then.I've got plans for a single stack up the passenger side (dual tanks) as well as a headache rack with a bunch of lights and installing the plate hitch i got for 40 bucks.I need to replace the X-case because it's stuck in 4 low (BW1356) and I'll be swapping it for a twin stick NP205 which oughta be a sweet combo behind the ZF.I'd like to figure out some mods for her but I have no intention of turning up the fuel pump...just wastes fuel and looks badass.The soup bowl has already been gottem rid of and obviously I'll be doing the exhaust shortly.I'll have to take some pics of it inside and out when my GF comes back from UF with her camera.Oh yea I live in Florida Lake county to be exact but I'm in gainesville every other weekend.I have already asked a few questions pertaining to the diesel as it is but I'm sure I'll have a TON more.....I'm looking forward to this community and getting to know ya'll.Thanks again for any help ya'll provide to me.Later.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
welcome you are going to learn a **** load here im a professional diesel tech and i really had no clue about these engines and i learn something new here every time im on this site i love it

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

Stay tuned.... your about to find out what happens when you take the two trucks you have and combine them into one. ;Really

:D

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Jr. Pull up a chair and sit a spell.

You will find good wholesome folks in these forums that can/will help you through just about any problem you encounter with your diesel.

p.s. I'd watch out for the Mel guy as he is slowly trying to personally own every IDI out there I think....

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Welcome to OB!
Or maybe Mel is converting everything to a IDI?

You will find good wholesome folks in these forums that can/will help you through just about any problem you encounter with your diesel.

p.s. I'd watch out for the Mel guy as he is slowly trying to personally own every IDI out there I think....

FordGuy100

Reaction score

Dont forget to mention that we can spend his money pretty easily as well LOL