Progressive IP failure?

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you Justinray, electric FP seems to be functioning as scheduled.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Oh yeah, another possibility. My powerstroke did almost the same thing. Progressively worse and worse, turns out the shower heads had broken off and the chit got sucked up and lodged somewhere. Ended up blowing out the lines.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It may be shower head parts! Was running great this morning...started buckling like there was no fuel..gauge says about 1/4 tank. Filled the tank and right back to running good.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well now... If the engine starts running poorly at 1/4 tank.. Then I'm sure you have the broken off shower heads in each tank. Easy fix is never allow the tank level to reach 1/4 tank. That right there is a free fix.

larson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drop your tanks and install 75cents of 3/8's fuel hose to pick up the last quarter of your tank after you clean out all the rotted plastic from said shower head failure and then you can run your tank into the red on your fuel gauge. Well at least that's what I'm able to do since I did the the modification. By myself took me id say 6 hours to do both tanks.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loss of fuel affects internal pump pressure which affects timing. Putting a fuel pressure gauge on the post filter feed to the IP is the only way to know if it is caused by an external problem, or if it is an internal one. At 70K, anything is possible.

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the input gentlemen.
I need to drop the front tank anyway...something screwed up with the vent. Another project on the board!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker