Pre-Rally Maintenance

haligen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aight so I've been busy trying to make sure the truck is ready to travel. Replaced the shocks, outer tie rod ends, and wheel bearings this afternoon. Going in the morning to get new front tires and an alignment. Just recently did all the u-joints, carrier bearing, return lines, and filter head check valve. Brakes look good, coolant looks good (added some more sca's), and added a pyrometer. Glow plugs glow for a while in the morning before the clicking starts and it usually busts off in a few rotations. Any other area's that need looking at? I bought the kits to replace the radius arm and axle pivot bushings but it looks like a major pain in the tail.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How reliable was it before? Take it for a spin make sure everything moves good. How ere the u-joints?

Depending on your distance you might want to bring extra oil, water, and fuel maybe. Just depends on how dependable it isLOL

haligen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its not a daily driver though I guess I might want to make it one for a little while. As for reliable I dunno, its not left me yet but I've only owned it a little over two months.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
One or two fuel filters bahind the rear seat will make sure you have them if you need them.... Maybe someone at the ralley might need one and you will have two spares just in case... Plenty -o- room behind the rear seat for spare parts....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dented73

Members online