PRE-Luber

GMC-DMAX

Reaction score
I'm thinking about installing a Pre-Luber on my Duramax. This unit will come on 15 seconds before start-up and pump oil to the engine & turbo. After shutting off engine you can set the timer for up to 6 min. this will cool the engine & turbo down with the engine oil. I was thinking of a cool down timer that let the engine run for about 3 min. after turning off the ignition, this will also let the turbo cool down. Right now I sit in the truck after stopping at the place I'm going to for about 2 min. to let the turbo cool down. I haven't seen any other Diesel (Dodge, Ford or Duramax)
driver sit in his truck like this, an this makes me feel like a nut.
Would appreciate anyone who has this installed or has a different view on this unit.

Thanks

PSDs_and_5Liters

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ISSPRO make a product called the TurboTempMonitor. You can either hook into your existing pyrometer, or purchase the thermocouple and it will allow you to physically turn the ignition switch off, and leave the vehicle idling until the TTM detects the turbo has reached the set temperature, then the TTM shuts off the truck. You can go HERE for more info on it!