Powerstroke swap with 6.9 clutch

south bend clutch

Reaction score
The T19 4sp transmission has a 1 1/16" input shaft. If you bolt that up to a powerstroke my bet is it won't last a week. The ZF 5 transmission uses a 1 1/4" input shaft. Also the T19 is an 11" clutch whereas the power with the dual mass flywheel uses a 12 1/4" clutch. If it has the after market solid flywheel it would be a 13" clutch. The 11" disc would barely hit the flywheel surface area if at all.

Peter
South Bend Clutch

Lifted Mudder

Reaction score
Alright, I am only trying to make it through the summer before i get the new transmission so I can save up some money working. After hearing it from peter though I have decided to leave the truck and save up for the zf5 and the clutch. Thank you for all the help guys and I will also mock up the combo of clutches and post if it looks useable just in case someone else wants to try it.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Alright, I am only trying to make it through the summer before i get the new transmission so I can save up some money working. After hearing it from peter though I have decided to leave the truck and save up for the zf5 and the clutch. Thank you for all the help guys and I will also mock up the combo of clutches and post if it looks useable just in case someone else wants to try it.

I too am happy someone with hands on experience chimed in. My original concern was this was not a doable job but not having any life experience doing this I could not post for sure other than the crank flange diameters being different between the idi and the psd. This is the forum to ask questions.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its totally freakin doable @icanfixall but doable and reliable may not be in same sentence....one would likely NOT want to do it and be left stranded on roadside.

I knew the input shaft difference and understood the smaller disc...just didnt see how lil disc big flywheel would go together....

T19 uses solid flywheel..PS a DMF ...just too many wrong pieces to be feasable is all....