power stroke fuel filter

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
The Powerstroke fuel filter off a 7.3 stroke or otherwise, will not fit an idi filter head. Your 1990 7.3 is a different motor then a 94 and later 7.3 which is a powerstroke.

diesel dummy

Reaction score
I am running a stroke filter now but not sure if my water detector will work.The base on my 7.3 leaks and I cant seem to stop it so I switched to the stroker filter.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
This is the 99 to 03 filter housing. See the lower left black electrical plug.. Thats for the heater and water in fuel lite.. I have a few of these filter housings that I'm modifying to work on our idi fuel systems. These have the same fuel in fittings as what we have but the bleeder at the top left side needs to be modifyed. Its an easy aluminum cover made up, drilled and tapped to fit the bleeder valves found on our early or late 7.3 engines. The 2 fuel feed line ports are 1/8 inch fittings and what we have is one 5/16 inch fitting. So thats where I'm making a special header to handle the fuel flow, the pressure fitting and the vacuum fitting. Lots of fun stuff going on... In the end I hope to have a cheaper easier way to change our expensive filters. Just unscrew the top. Drain the fuel. Install the new $8.50 filter. turn on key and let the electric pump fill the filter housing and bleed off all the air... Done simple once again... BTW I did not pay this amount for my new filter housings. I paid way less than $100.00 for them...:angel:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fuel-Filter...pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

diesel dummy

Reaction score
I stand corrected my son put this filter on for me,And I thought he said it was from a stroker.Now I am not sure what it fits but its working.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Did you start a thread on what you are doing to mod them Gary? I picked one up and want to do it, but have not got to that point yet...

SWS

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are replacement filters that do not use the factory base. They are sold with or without the sensor port. I run a Baldwin BF1222-SP. It doesn't use the factory base and it has a port to screw in the WIF sensor.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
all of the fuel filters i have bought for my truck have come with the ability to thread the "water bowl" onto the bottom of it. i just ask for a fuel filter for my engine and get the right one every time.

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
There are replacement filters that do not use the factory base. They are sold with or without the sensor port. I run a Baldwin BF1222-SP. It doesn't use the factory base and it has a port to screw in the WIF sensor.

Nice cause it eliminates another possible leak spot

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Seeing this thread I just went to the Wix filter website and according to the website the filter I run 33417 does not exist. Are these filter companies phasing out making the fuel filter for our trucks?. Even the original design filter from Wix with the separate water separator 33217 the Wix site says part number not found. :dunno

Wix Filter Interchange from Napa