Post 60 swap

93iditurbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i got my 60 in my truck on the weekend, one thing i found weird is my front wheels stick out several inches more than my rears. has anyone else run into this? the 60 is the same year as my truck, 1993

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
You may have never noticed it before but it should have done that with the TTB, everyone of them i have seen looked like that.That is one of the reasons i went with the superduty axle versus the obs dana 60. Both of my axles are the same width

93iditurbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont remember if it was like that before or not, so the width of axles from an F350 is the same as a F250?

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
yes very much so, i always thought it looked so goofy with the front tires sticking out farther.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think Darrin runs wheel spacers on the rear of Big Ed so the rear is the same width as the front. Sounds normal to me. Watch the back of an old 70's or 80's blazer and it's very pronounced on those that the front is wider. Not sure why they do that. Is it for more room to steer with leafs up front?

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
yes, alot of trucks with solid axles and leaf springs the front axle is a little wider. this way the steering will not interfere with the springs as in tires wont rub.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
as long is it stick out each side evenly. if it is off to one side, your track bar is either to long or to short.