possible new replacment for GPR

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Hi all I been looking for replacement GPR mine works but sometimes it don't and I'm tired of these crap replacements between me and a buddy we went thru 3 napa relays which lasted about a month each. The ones we have now were from international and mines still going although sometimes it sticks and I have to hit it to get it to kick in and my buddys has seemed to have gone out. This one is rated at twice the amps of the stancor for the same price so what do you guys think?

http://www.survivalunlimited.com/diversionloads.htm

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it would work (need to make sure it's single throw normally open -- couldn't find that info on their site) -- but I also think it's overkill... I've not heard of anyone burning out one of the Stancor relays. Mouser.com has the Stancors for $45 each. PN 802-586-902

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
I can't find the thread but I thought I rememberd a couple who had problems with their stancor and the rest hadn't really had them long enough. Over kill maybe but is that such a bad thing when they are almost the same price. Whats the factory ones rated at 70 amps?

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Aric, your find sounds pretty goodbut, the Stancor is rated for 200 continous and 600 inrush amps and has high nickel alloy contacts along with a heavier bakelite housing.

;Sweet find tho a good alternative :cheers:

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
Ive only used motorcraft relays, havent had any problems, the one on my 96 is over 3yrs old now, and have just replaced some originals on 95-96 trucks.
one thing to keep in mind is the relay is diode surpressed . to keep from back feeding the computer when the coil unlatches.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't find the thread but I thought I rememberd a couple who had problems with their stancor and the rest hadn't really had them long enough. Over kill maybe but is that such a bad thing when they are almost the same price. Whats the factory ones rated at 70 amps?

Im not saying you didnt read it but I've never heard of problems with the Stancor, mine was on my 95 for 5+ years when I sold it. In the year prior to that I had eaten two GPR109's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge140

Staff online

Members online