Possible burnt GP's?

cubinzkid

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been having some troubles getting the old girl to start in the morning. I go out (10 degrees outside) and cycle the plugs, but she only seems to fire on one cylinder. Next morning, I go out, fires right up. Today, only firing on 1 cylinder. I'm stumped. How would I test which glowplugs are working? I hear the clicking on the fender, but I think it is only giving power to certain plugs.

cubinzkid

Reaction score
Thankyou! I had 5 bad ones. Previous owner decided Auto-Lites were good. Lessoned learned. Got 5 new motorcrafts in, and they work great.

gandalf

Reaction score
Thankyou! I had 5 bad ones. Previous owner decided Auto-Lites were good. Lessoned learned. Got 5 new motorcrafts in, and they work great.

What about the other three? Are they still good? Presumably, since you kept them. What brand are they? If they are Auto-Lites I'd suggest watching them closely.

Personally, I think I'd have changed out all 8. That way you're pretty sure of equal performance across all eight.

It's kind of like changing brake pads. You don't change them on only one wheel.

cubinzkid

Reaction score
Good point. I didn't even think of that. It was 16 degrees outside, and I was just trying to get it started. I'll get 3 more Motorcrafts, and drop them in. Thanks for pointing that out!