Poorman's intake hat

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
:DSaw this at the junkyard the other day so I grabbed it. I've got an 093 turbo with a snail, so no big deal to me if it would work or not, I just had to have it. I think it cost me about 8-10 bucks.

It was on a Grand Cherokee 5.2l I believe.

It fits the intake of the IDI and has a 3" hose connection.

It curves down though so I'm pretty sure a carb riser would be required.

I haven't figured out yet if I can use the carb riser and still have clearance against my turbo but it might be an option for a cheap intake hat for old Banks turbo setups.

Of course Russ's aluminum hat must have much more flow.:dunno but for the price I'll hang it on the garage wall if nothing else.

Attachments

• P1010171.JPG
    P1010171.JPG
    227.3 KB · Views: 94

Clayton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if it would blow apart under boost?

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
I think it'll hold up to 10-15 psi just fine. Seems pretty solid.

Summit probably has the Airraid ones that would have better flow but they are $200 plus for that kit.

I thought about calling Airrraid and telling them I have the kit for the Dodge 5.2l and I need another intake hat and see if they'll sell one alone and for how much.

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
Not sure how the plastic would hold up, Spectre sells some nice ones in the 100 dollar range. That said I just ordered one from Russ :D

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
I don't even know what Russ charges, but aluminum would be better no doubt. No place to tap for a boost gauge in plastic and this is just intake spec, not sure how it would do under 300-400 degree boost temps.