Please help

CompToyZ

Reaction score
We started doing the head gaskets on my 7.3 in the 93 turbo f250, have it all stripped down and can not find torque specs for the rockers, I have head and intake but nothing on the rockers.

BTW turned the pump up 2 flats, and looking at changing the length of the rod on the vacuum actuator, also getting a new downpipe made up, putting a 3" body lift in first if I can make the gas one work. Anyone had experience with this?

4play

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turn engine over by hand until timing mark is at 11 o'clock position as viewed from front of engine. Install all rocker arm post attaching bolts, and tighten to 27 Nm (20 ft-lb).

you mods should work fine, just play around with the waste gate and you may actually find you can unplug and be happier. it will spool quicker but you dont want to see it over 12-14psi unless you did head studs and good gaskets etc...

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I think you unplug the vacuum line to the wastegate then you have to plug up the boost pressure port. Plugging the port up keeps boost from escaping.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have a pyrometer? If not, you need to get one installed. Messing witht he fuel and wastegate without one could lead to disaster. Don't want to melt a piston.;Sweet It will be much easier to install while you have things apart.

Also, i think a three inch body lift for a gasser may cause the head to hit the firewall or something. I don't recall for sure, but I remember reading about that issue some time ago. I know my two inch lift didn't not have that problem. Do a search in this forum for body lifts and see what you find. You usually have to cut a bit of the fan shroud to clear the fan and some re-bend the shift levers on the floor for clearence....or they weld in a few extra inches.

Heath

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online